Thread: BiS Cyclonus paint-fused nose cone

Default BiS Cyclonus paint-fused nose cone

So I've had this little problem for awhile but haven't got around to fixing, mainly because I prefer to keep him in robot mode, but I'd eventually like to address it. My Battle in Space Cyclonus has a paint-fused nose cone which is proving very difficult to pull out. I've googled a bit and found a few others with the same problem but most solutions suggested seem a bit extreme, such as microwaving him till he's "bendy" or putting him in the freezer.

I've already scratched the tab by pressing it too hard and there's a nasty set of plier marks from when I tried to pull the damn thing out by force. Any help would be much appreciated.

Similar to the microwave thing, but somewhat safer.. You could try using a hairdryer on heat and blow it at the affected part, test in bursts of thirty or so seconds to see if the part has heated up enough, but that should have similar and safer result than microwaving. (:

I haven't had to fix one of mine for this thankfully so I can't say Heating up the plastic will help, but this is simply a more convenient way to warm the plastic. (alternative to this would be use boiling water)

Good luck!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Yeah I heard about the boiling water thing, but apparently it may stuff up the RtS badge on him?

But I'll definitely give the blow dryer ago, thanks!

Hahaha. Nah man. You just boil a jug of water, then pour some into a container, then ONLY DIP the parts you want softened in there for like, a minute. Not the whole toy!!! (:
    Let us know how u go!!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Take it back to the store you got it (assuming you got it domestically) and get a replacement.

So this paint-fused problem... basically it means that getting the nose cone to extend is hard-to-impossible?

I opened my two-pack up just to check (so I could buy another from Big W if I need to to replace it) and it extends fully, so that means mine is fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I opened my two-pack up just to check (so I could buy another from Big W if I need to to replace it) and it extends fully, so that means mine is fine?
    Yours *is* fine good sir

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

My Cyclonus has the same problem. It's a bit annoying.

My first was bad. I got a replacement. Replacement was fine.