Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) items

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Supply also plays a big part. Waspinator is only in 1 wave, while Doubledealer is in 2.
    and doubledealer is a pointless repaint of a not overly popular mold as well.
    BBTS are just trying to make sure they move stock and cover any loss on the cheap stuff by cranking up some of the more popular stuff a little.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Supply also plays a big part. Waspinator is only in 1 wave, while Doubledealer is in 2.
    Very true, though in this case Whirl is also a Voyager and in the exact same wave as Doubledealer (Wave 2 - 2014), but Whirl is $29.99 whereas Doubledealer was $5 cheaper and has now dropped yet another $5. Even their codes are only one digit apart, so I think maybe it's a case that since Doubledealer is not as popular, and the Blitzwing mould copped so much flak, they think they will have to lower the price to offload them.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Haha! Don't worry, the fist shake was aimed squarely at BBTS.

Heh - I know mate

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Very true, though in this case Whirl is also a Voyager and in the exact same wave as Doubledealer (Wave 2 - 2014), but Whirl is $29.99 whereas Doubledealer was $5 cheaper and has now dropped yet another $5. Even their codes are only one digit apart, so I think maybe it's a case that since Doubledealer is not as popular, and the Blitzwing mould copped so much flak, they think they will have to lower the price to offload them.
    Exaclty.

It is supply and demand in it's most basic form.
    Low demand + High supply = Lower prices
    High demand + Low supply = Higher prices
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Even popular figures like Springer and Sandstorm ended up being included in so many waves in generous ratios that they're trying to offload them for like $16 each now.

And then we have guys like Skids and Waspinator showing up for one wave and then getting dropped.

uteiki is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If anyone's missed out on Green Giant, BBTS has Maketoys Green Giant up for pre-order - arrives Jan 14 - @ US$380.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by uteiki View Post
    If anyone's missed out on Green Giant, BBTS has Maketoys Green Giant up for pre-order - arrives Jan 14 - @ US$380.
    Trying to find US$380 + shipping at this time of the year is a challenge. Might check the back of the sofa for some spare change lying around.

YOTH Optimus & Starscream are now available for preorder, also noted in the YOTH thread
    $119.99 for OP & $99.99 for SS

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...26&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...25&mode=retail

Still no release of the Gen Deluxes with Waspy in it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Still no release of the Gen Deluxes with Waspy in it.
    I pre-ordered it and mine came in . Currently in the warehouse waiting to get made. Must still be on pre-order for those that put their orders in later, I ordered it the moment it appeared in the store

MP Smokescreen, Generations Doubledealer and Kre-O Meansor & Computron showed up as well. Was going to wait until the likes of Scoop and Whirl showed up but put mine into the warehouse now so hopefully the order shows up before the end of the school holidays for me to play with