Page 70 of 85 FirstFirst ... 5060656667686970717273747580 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) items

Can't pass up on jetfire for that price. cause this is my first in stock item going into my pol it's saying I have to pay $43 usd for shipping this seems a bit excessive for a leader class figure.
    Or is this some sort of upfront cost for initiating a pol?

Sorry for clogging up this thread with questions

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Can't pass up on jetfire for that price. cause this is my first in stock item going into my pol it's saying I have to pay $43 usd for shipping this seems a bit excessive for a leader class figure.
    Or is this some sort of upfront cost for initiating a pol?

Sorry for clogging up this thread with questions
    There aren't any admin costs associated with initiating a POL. Postage is steep simply because it's shipping from the US, and Jetfire's size/weight. I usually let my POL accumulate for several months until shipping is less than $15USD per figure - usually 5-6 items of various sizes. BBTS is the best in terms of protecting the contents of their boxes, with plenty of void fill and awesome tetrising of oddly shaped boxes.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

There's no admin fee as such for a POL. The first item is rather expensive, but the items after that can be really cheap to add. I don't know how their system works it but I have on occasion been charged nothing for shipping when adding an item to my POL, normally in a big POL.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    There's no admin fee as such for a POL. The first item is rather expensive, but the items after that can be really cheap to add. I don't know how their system works it but I have on occasion been charged nothing for shipping when adding an item to my POL, normally in a big POL.
    This is good to know just thought it was odd that shipping for jetfire was the same as unite warriors guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    This is good to know just thought it was odd that shipping for jetfire was the same as unite warriors guardian.
    With most us postal services the initial costs are steep, but tapers for higher weights as you'd have the base charges simply associated with the shipping, plus whatever was required.

If Jetfire is the first item in your POL then $43 sounds about right. Future orders (if your POL is set up right) will have low shippin charges, as all you doing is adding Weight to an existing shipment. You'll be charged small shipping - between $5-$10 or even $0 depending on how much they add tithe total weight.

If shipping is set up to be UPS priority (or whatever the exact name is) it's a $40 initial charge plus $5 or $6 per pound of shipping weight after that. this only really works out good value for shipping if you accumulate a good number of items prior to shipping.

there are other shipping methods but the one above is the only one I've ever used and it's great if you have several cases of deluxes in your POL.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    If shipping is set up to be UPS priority (or whatever the exact name is) it's a $40 initial charge plus $5 or $6 per pound of shipping weight after that. this only really works out good value for shipping if you accumulate a good number of items prior to shipping.

there are other shipping methods but the one above is the only one I've ever used and it's great if you have several cases of deluxes in your POL.
    Biggest pile I've ever had shipped at AU$920 worth of stuff, bout $100-$150 shipping. Only reason I shipped it was because I was worried about hitting the 1K tax import cap.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Biggest pile I've ever had shipped at AU$920 worth of stuff, bout $100-$150 shipping. Only reason I shipped it was because I was worried about hitting the 1K tax import cap.
    I came a fair bit closer to the 1K mark but yea, I was the same. on several occasions
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah I got the email and got all excited and ordered the entire next Combiner Wars wave. Then I thought 'This is BBTS - no way they are going to get all this in by November'
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeah... it teases us with the idea that they could be getting it within the week, but in reality it probably means January for some of it.
    Well I'll be damned - the Combaticons limbs just dropped into my POL!

Sometimes it's nice to be wrong
    Well here it is December and none of the rest of the wave have shown up

They still have them all listed as expected in Nov. they must change the listings at midnight their time

Well here it is December and none of the rest of the wave have shown up

They still have them all listed as expected in Nov. they must change the listings at midnight their time
    Ah frag!!!! got my little POL put into the warehouse so it would be here for Xmas and less than 12 hours later the next wave of CW Legends arrive!