Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1424293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Cancelled an order of Hasbro leader Ultra Magnus in favour of the Takara version, but looking at pics of TakTom's version tonight I think I might go back to Hasbro's.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Cancelled an order of Hasbro leader Ultra Magnus in favour of the Takara version, but looking at pics of TakTom's version tonight I think I might go back to Hasbro's.
    What was it that turned you off TakTom's?

I preferred the colour scheme and would have gone for it if they hadn't painted Minimus Ambus into Alpha Trion.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

The combination of the dark blue and the extra yellow highlights for the most part. I had the same issue with MP Ultra Magnus, I want a more toy like light blue rather than the cartoon one. The colouring on Ambus/Alpha Trion is another case for the Hasbro one.

The yellow highlights are surprisingly more IDW Comic accurate, as for the blue - could just be the exposure of the photo, will be hard to tell until there's a comparison shot between the two.... I currently have the Hasbro version, but will be double dipping on the Takara too.

Honestly I bought the Hasbro one to get Minimus Ambus and I'm getting the TT version also. I figure if I combine Hasbro's Minimus Ambus and TT's Magnus armour then I will have the most media accurate version of UM.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I'm thinking of getting CW Hot Spot. Do I buy it online now, or wait for a possible release at Australian retail?

I'd go online but only if the price is similar.

We'd expect it to be $50 on the shelf so if you find it for anywhere up to $60 posted online, you're probably paying about the same.

And while I don't normally suggest them, you could try this:

http://www.fishpond.com.au/Baby/Tran...Action_Figures

Even as a die-hard anti-online shopping local-retail supporter, I would say... buy it online. The distribution of Transformers in Australia has become so unpredictable in Australia, that if you really want a toy, I'd say get it online rather than taking the gamble to see whether or not it will come out locally. Sure, these toys might come out locally and you might find one in your area, and it might work out cheaper (esp. if there's a sale)... but there're just too many 'mights' and given the track record of distribution in this country, I wouldn't risk it.

The CW Stunticons have been released here, and I've found Motormaster and the Deluxes (though sporadically), but I've never been able to find Blackjack.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I'm thinking of getting CW Hot Spot. Do I buy it online now, or wait for a possible release at Australian retail?

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-G...n%3A3242350011

it'll be roughly $48 delivered to your door -cheaper if you bundle it with some other goodies
    i wouldn't even bother waiting for an Australian retail release

Thanks all. I was considering waiting because at a retail price of $50, I could conceivably save a bit on postage (I figured if I waited, I wouldn't be kicking myself for not waiting and spending more than I 'had' to).

I ordered online anyway