Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about SDCC Combiner Wars Hunters

Default Thoughts about SDCC Combiner Wars Hunters

Hi everyone,

I was looking at the Combiner wars Hunters - Windblade, Arcee and Chromia, i got quite excited when i saw it was the three, however i noticed that they are only deluxe sized figures, so I'm quite mixed about it and am considering missing them altogether.

I'd love to get some thoughts and opinions from others.

Cheers

At $120 PC's price on them is more than fair for 3 limited run Deluxe figures. They are good, detailed, quality repaints. I really like all 3 of the moulds but Windblade does have a huge gap in vehicle mode.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    At $120 PC's price on them is more than fair for 3 limited run Deluxe figures. They are good, detailed, quality repaints. I really like all 3 of the moulds but Windblade does have a huge gap in vehicle mode.
    I ordered mine from PC really good price considering how much they are going for on eBay them with shipping on top of that

that's a lot cheaper than even RK... might have to jump on that, as I love the moulds in use.

Holy Moley, that is an awesome price for those 3, dammit I just bought Windblade in normal paint scheme... ah well, the more the merrier!

Someone has to be *that* guy...
    The colours look atrocious and the weapons are so ridiculously ill thought out it's painful.

Ok yeah I'll pay the stupidity of the weapons, but I actually really like the decos of Windblade and Arcee. Chromia not so much, but might do some parts swapping with the Generations version...

I had a friend once ask my why their guns were so small (transformers in general) I didn't really have an answer as his point was that they were immensely strong giant robots they should carry immense hard hitting weaponry.

It is for this reason and this reason alone that this set really grabs my interest. apart from the awesome moulds and excellent paint jobs.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I had a friend once ask my why their guns were so small (transformers in general) I didn't really have an answer as his point was that they were immensely strong giant robots they should carry immense hard hitting weaponry.

It is for this reason and this reason alone that this set really grabs my interest. apart from the awesome moulds and excellent paint jobs.
    I dunno - G1 Astrotrains rifle was almost as big as him!

I'd like this lot - but I'm not paying that amount for repaints of figures I already have. If I was doing that I'd get the Tak/Tom versions for the box art

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I dunno - G1 Astrotrains rifle was almost as big as him!

I'd like this lot - but I'm not paying that amount for repaints of figures I already have. If I was doing that I'd get the Tak/Tom versions for the box art
    Lol I'm just a sucker I just must have, I also have the Tak TOm Arcee