Thread: It's party time at BigW with the Party Store

Default It's party time at BigW with the Party Store

Thanks to a tip-off at TFW by member Tronis (not sure if they are a member here) that they saw Transformers party supplies at BigW, I went
    down to my nearest BigW to see what they were talking about... and I was surprised to see that it is a big, long-term promotion, called the Party Store.

The Garden City store has a whole corner of the store allocated to this, and there are probably 30-50 different licensed kids themes of party
    supplies available, in addition to costumes and balloons (which they will fill with helium for a fee).
    Plus a number of themes for older demographics, like 1980s party supplies and adult sized costumes. (get ready for those Halloween parties)

But since this is a Transformers news site, here is the Transformers selection of party goodies...

It's all TFPrime/Beast Hunters though, so I hope BigW got a good deal on the licensing fee, as the red packaging may be from 2014-2015, but the
    character art and themes are 2011-2013 (being 3-4 years old)... which could be noticed by a child who is only a new fan from RID and see that
    this Bumblebee and Optimus just don't look right.
    Then again, if you are a big fan of Transformers as a young kid, having a fully themed party would still be awesome... but very expensive if you add
    up all these prices.

Up on the back wall I found the Balloon, which is quite small and featureless compared to others that are a wide range of different shapes.
    And it is $7 just for a single un-filled balloon (the packaging above looks like two balloons, but it is just a double-sided one being shown from both sides).

And while you are at BigW, check out these other licensed items... if you have kids and want to get ready for Summer holiday fun.

Kids inflatable sleeping bag (150cm) - $49.

Sleeping bag with pillow - $19.

Small child camping chair - $19.

Boogie board - $15.

I didn't go through the whole store, so if you find something else at BigW at the moment, post up photos here to add to the collection.

Big W: Hey guys! Want to host your child an awesome party? Why not a Transformers one! We have Games! Decorations! Balloons! Chairs! And much more! Heck we even have Transformer T-shirts and even DvDs and games!
    Customers: OK but do you have a wide stock of Transformers toys?
    Big W: ...
    Big W: Get Out!
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Yeah... it's disappointing that BigW have more licensed products than the actual toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Big W: Hey guys! Want to host your child an awesome party? Why not a Transformers one! We have Games! Decorations! Balloons! Chairs! And much more! Heck we even have Transformer T-shirts and even DvDs and games!
    I loled
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Yeah, Party Store is a big new thing that is being rolled out. I've only been in one Party Store and didn't notice any Transformers stock (I wasn't taking much note of what was there), but it is a much smaller Party Store than the one Griff has photos of.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    MWAHAHAHAHA!!

Oh my... I'm going to have to take a trip over to Macquarie Centre while I'm here and see if they have any of that stuff... My son will go nuts wanting some of those items for his next birthday as he much prefers Transformers Prime over RID.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Transformers aside, the new Party area was very cheap in some areas like helium inflated ballons where other places like spotlight charges more.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Transformers aside, the new Party area was very cheap in some areas like helium inflated ballons where other places like spotlight charges more.
    How much does Spotlight charge? I think $50 for a tank of helium and a ton of balloons sounds kinda pricey just because it's a gas.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I saw this at the Rouse Hill store the night I went to pick up devy. My son has already told us that this is where we're getting all of the party supplies for his 5th birthday in September (a Transformers party of course ).
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]