Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TakaraTomy TF Prime Deluxe and Voyager Arms Microns images

Default TakaraTomy TF Prime Deluxe and Voyager Arms Microns images

TakaraTomy have updated their website with some images of their version of the TF Prime Robots in Disguise toys.

http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/toy/search/armsmicron/

As you can see, they're the same toys as the Hasbro releases in roughly the same paint decos, but with molded-on 5mm ports for the shiny new Targetmaster Min-Cons (who appear to have the sticker detailing mentioned in solicitations.)

Opinion Time
    My problem is that unlike Armada, Energon and Dark of the Moon toys which were designed with add on Mini-Con partners and weapons in mind from the onset (and thus had proper clearance for the pegs and sockets as part of their designs), this seems like something TakTom created long after the toys had been designed, which is why the ports are recessed within newly-molded raised detailing - otherwise, they wouldn't be able to fit the Mini-Con's pegs there in vehicle mode.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Well the clear draw here is the microns. Shame for all of us expecting something different. Oh well. It's just going to be First edtion core cast and RID for me then regarding Prime.

Those Microns look sa-weet! Nice to see the little Autobot badge on Bumblebee too!

The pegs are a bit unfortunate but eh, can't have it all I suppose.

The ports remind me of the restraining bolts on Droids in Star Wars... They look aweful. And yet, a lot of us are going to want the Microns, even if we won't have the JP toys to plug them into.

More details on the upcoming TakaraTomy Prime toys and Micron promotions here.
    (shows two more LTD-ED redeco Microns)

They have also announced two new campaign Microns, Vector Oracle and Firebolt. Vector Oracle is a limited (4000 units) translucent green version of Nightstick that will given away at Toys"R"Us locations in Japan for customers who spend 3000 Yen on Transformers products starting February 25th. Firebolt is a G1-ish redeco of PCC Pinpoint that can be acquired by pre-ordering TF: Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime.
    And names of some of the Prime Microns have been noted here from this site.

AM-01 Optimus Prime with Ōpī
    AM-02 Bumblebee with Bītsū
    AM-03 Cliffjumper with Shieru
    AM-04 Ratchet with Arue
    AM-05 Megatron with Gora
    AM-06 Skywarp with Baro
    They are said to be included in an unassembled "model-kit" format on sprues, with stickers to add colour detailing. There will also be translucent parts included, for some future game tie-in.

Dammit, I should have gotten my United Unicron from TRU, but I forgot about Greenstick.
    Looks like it'll be Hasbro Arcee for the Odieverse too.

Finally, these are the pics I've been waiting to see. Cliffjumper and Megatron's Micron's are so freakin' badass! Note that all the toys have faction badges now and extra details like Ratchet's heart beat decal. Can't wait to see the packaging now, I think I heard somewhere they're all packaged in boxes?

Last edited by Doubledealer; 26th February 2012 at 01:37 AM.

That Masterpiece Starscream is so pretty.

Where's Soundwave DD!?!
    They do look really cool though, bit of a shame that the budget has called for lesser paint apps than that of even the Hasbro figures; Though, apparently stickers will be supplied so that could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Where's Soundwave DD!?!
    Haha, too right! Reckon he'll have some kind of sticker for his face? Would be cool if they gave you a few different choices, or even randomised the stickers so you don't know which face you'll get! Ahh, I'm dreaming now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    They do look really cool though, bit of a shame that the budget has called for lesser paint apps than that of even the Hasbro figures; Though, apparently stickers will be supplied so that could be cool.
    It's interesting isn't it, there are definitely pluses and minuses with both the Takara and Hasbro Prime toys. I think no matter which way you go, you're gonna get some awesome toys! Go for the cleaner looking, slightly more detailed (?) Hasbro releases with more standard weapons or go for the arguably more fun Takara releases with stickers, Minicons and Minicon ports. I love how they're both quite different as it gives collectors more choice and reason to invest in both releases.