Thread: Toymate opening Perth in late Nov

Default Toymate opening Perth in late Nov

Toymate is excited to be opening our first store in Perth in late November at the old Toys R Us site in Cannington. This store will be brimming with all of the latest and greatest toys to make every kid smile this Christmas. As well as the latest toys the store will be full of unbelievable specials on the brands you know and love.
    https://toymate.com.au/perth-new-store

Yep, just up the road from me. I will definitely try and support it as best I can. And you can use your old TRU VIP card for 5% off.

What is Toymate again?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Toymate is a toy retailer that was predominately in Sydney/NSW, until the vacuum left by the closure of ToysRUS has led to it expanding outside of NSW... first into QLD, and now into WA. Still just 18 stores at the moment (plus the one soon in Perth), with 17 of them in NSW.... so it is still a mostly NSW toy retailer.

It will be a slow process spreading nationally, as they probably only had stores in the same city as the Hasbro warehouse to save money (cheaper transport costs), which helps offset their higher wholesale prices (they are a smaller player, so wouldn't get bulk-order discounts, so their retail prices tend to be more towards the Toyworld/TRU end).... but the larger stores seem to stock a lot of Transformers toys.