Thread: New "evergreen" character artwork

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New "evergreen" character artwork

A smartphone app called Quidd looks to have revealed artwork of a number of new "Evergreen" characters, that may or may not get toys or feature in the upcoming Cyberverse cartoon... as these could just be the artwork templates for promotional images or licensing.

Characters so far revealed (could be more to come) include - Windblade, Barricade, Ratchet, Soundwave, Shockwave, Hound, Wheeljack, along with existing character images of Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee, Grimlock and Starscream.

Not to be outdone, one of the usual Chinese leakers has rushed out images now that some have been officially revealed, resulting in the artist of the images (Emiliano Santalucia) to speak out about his involvement in the project.

iPhone Trading Card/ Sticker app Quidd released a set of new stickers featuring Transformers Evergreen designs.
    I was honored to be given the task to create all the new Evergreen design in collaboration with Hasbro design team and on these virtual stickers, you can finally see my original sketches!
    But what are these Evergreen design? My understanding it that they are a new unified look for all the main characters in the Transformers universe to be used across a variety of products on media.
    During the past years, I saw these designs popping up on a lot of licensed merchandising. Then they started to be featured in the IDW comic books, on the Authentics toyline, and to my amazement, they also become the base for the new Cyberverse cartoon!
    I’m sure I’ll have a lot of other chances to talk about these designs, but right now, while people can finally see, at least in part, the original sketches, I feel very happy and grateful to all the team at Hasbro the trusted me and got me involved in this amazing opportunity, which I consider one of the greatest achievement of my career so far!

I like the look of these

What does evergreen mean?

It means they intend these designs and characters to be the long lasting core elements of the Transformers brand, not changing each “season”. In practice it means they are creating a new definitive look for artists to use in toys, cartoons, comics, games, merchandise etc.

Three of the "evergreen" characters have appeared in a South American TV commercial for a soft-drink called Bilz & Pap Soda - Optimus, Bumblebee, and... Windblade.
    The cross-promotion is to enter a prize draw that gives away some Transformers toys and games consoles.

(again with Windblade... as if Hasbro is trying to get this female character to become as iconic as Optimus and Bumblebee, despite there being more iconic characters to choose from, like Megatron, Starscream or Grimlock)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Three of the "evergreen" characters have appeared in a South American TV commercial for a soft-drink called Bilz & Pap Soda - Optimus, Bumblebee, and... Windblade.
    The cross-promotion is to enter a prize draw that gives away some Transformers toys and games consoles.
    Kids in Chile would love that I'm surprised my cousins haven't mentioned this to me though personally I'm not a fan of either Bilz or Pap
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

The producers of this commercial have now released a video of how they put together the CG animation with the live shots (apparently filmed in the capital of Chile, Santiago).