Thread: Sept JP Dengeki Hobby magazine scans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sept JP Dengeki Hobby magazine scans

Clearer pics of the JP Arms Micron Unicron toy is the main (new) feature of this issue, as other items have been featured a fair bit already.

Toys shown off include the Arms Micron Weaponizer Optimus (with Matrix sword), single-pack Microns 07-09, Deluxe Ironhide, MP 12-14, and the upcoming Ex-Masters (Power Core Combiners).

While on the topic of the Ex-Masters, a translation has been done of the story/setting of that series. Apparently it is being tacked onto the end of Gen1 (in Japan), so is being fit into that universe.

Soundwave is the highlight for me there. The other toys are a bit meh.

Soundwave is looking really great, I hope they retain the same quality paint job for the production realease and if so, that they continue such quality for future MP toys.

I wouldn't bet on Soundwave's blue being as glossy as those photos, but personally i'd be happy with the same matte plastic finish as MP10's red areas.
    The silver areas on Soundwave better damn well be painted nicely though!

At first i was a teensy bit peeved that his lower groin is blue in cassette mode (where rec/stop sticker is on vintage)... i think it'd look better as silver to match the vintage toy, but i realise they went for cartoon accuracy so they've obviously done their homework. Could have had the best of both worlds with a simple flip up/rotate/flip down piece though.

A flip piece for his cod piece? Sounds a bit sketchy. Lol.

Or you could lift his legs up to splits position, and rotate the codpiece front to back! Maybe that's sketchier :P

AM Gaia Unicron's colour scheme looks totally psychedelic