Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (JULY-2013) Armada Era Toys - Reviews and Favourites

What are your Best and Worst toys of this Era?

Best would prolly be the Minicons... I really like the little buggers! So much that I even got some of the recolours, but not all. Armada started the concept of a third race of TFs. Before this TFs are all just plain cybertronians with just "factions", but in Armada - factions become "race". Which I can relate too and plus they're cute like pokemons hehehe Wish they made a whole lot more of them in the early runs and not a lot of recolours though.

Worst would prolly be that Laserbeak camcorder thing - Had a chance to play with it and almost bought it at Parra fair once... but yeah good thing I had a play with it first... it was rubbish IMO so I didn't pursue buying it. hahahaha

What was your first one, and when?

The Street minicon team - the one that combines into a mini gestalt bot - Perceptor? Anyways yeah started the line with the minicons coz even though these were originally just the gimmick part of the line well, I love the figures even though some minicons had absolutely rubbish looks hehehe. I thought the bigger bots looked blocky and uninteresting but yeah, ended up getting them too hahah.
    Cant remember exactly when but it was Armada being the current line at the time.

What ones are you currently most looking for and why?
    Not actively looking, prolly if I get to chance upon a cheap affordable one, I will grab it - Red Alert - he's more in the main cast so I wanna have him , but as I said not actively after it.... Armada bigbots are kinda rubbish IMHO but for some crazy reason I don't wanna get rid of them in my collection at the moment...yet. Ill prolly keep all the minicons given the final decision if I was to eliminate the series in my collection.

Before him I was more trying to get an affordable Leader 1 minicon - this one was really hard to find cheap. but Ive since Acquired him so the seat goes to Red Alert. - already have his minicon partner, too.

Show us some pics of your collection of the ones you have.

Ill take a more updated pic when it's day time and add here. Ive recently rearranged again my collection room so need to take happy shots of it in better lighting - daytime hehehe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Best-
    Optimus/jetfire/overload
    tidalwave
    too many to think of.
    Worst-
    Hotshot
    Sideswipe...........................

Overload - not sure when around the original release

Starscream and many others
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Where's the popcorn emoticon?

Also about Unicron.. It is only a small thing but when i transform him from planet mode, separating and constructing the arms reminds me of the panels moving and separating from the '86 movie.

I sometimes display him in robot mode with all possible storage open (legs, chest, forearms,?). Not sure if I think it makes him look bigger or remindes me of the different times bots have traversed through him.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I think Armada Unicron looks fantastic as G1 Unicron. As very nice as the 2010 redecos have been, I've always felt that the original Armada Unicron was good enough that I never felt the need to buy the redecos. I've had a lot of fun recreating iconic moments from G1 using my Armada Unicron toy.

haha, no wonder those spaceships of Kranix and Arblus couldn't get away... those ships have rubbish propulsion systems hahahah.

As much as I had the choice of between Armada and Energon version of Unicron - I chose the latter though. Something about the dark colors. Makes that recolour more "sinister" looking. Which, I really like more than the Orangey original or the more face toon accurate re-release. Although that stupid chest gun gimmick in mine keeps popping out so I jammed it with a piece of plastic and haven't removed it since haha.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Best-
    Optimus, Jetfire and Overload
    Worst-
    Hotshot, thought it had stance like the Universe model, turns out it was really basic.

Overload ($12) and Powerlinx Jetfire ($7), clearance at Kmart, I was 8 (?)

Megatron and Tidalwave, already have Dreadwing and Smokejumper to make the super duper ulltimate mega secret mode.

What are your Best toys of this Era?

Tidalwave/Shockwave Megatron wasnt bad

What are your Worst toys of this Era?

Sideways - i really disliked that figure
    Laserbeak - a giant camcorder sucky.

probably the first week they hit shelves i had all the large bots and probably opened up prime first, the trailer gimmick was cool but kinda sucky at the same time

None that i can think of

Show us some pics of your collection of the ones you have.

there is a few missing from this picture....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think Armada Unicron looks fantastic as G1 Unicron. As very nice as the 2010 redecos have been, I've always felt that the original Armada Unicron was good enough that I never felt the need to buy the redecos. I've had a lot of fun recreating iconic moments from G1 using my Armada Unicron toy.
    I agree. I got the Armada version and the colours are fine. I've never wanted another.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ownd only 2 or 3 Armada figures. Played with fellow collectors' other toys quit a bit but never liked this gimmick-focused idea. Probably also because the line before it was so good (even it was only supposed to be a filler), Armada was quite disappointing for me. And by the time Superlink came out there was already the 20th anniversary awesomeness happening with BT and Masterpiece. So the Unicron trilogy never interested me that much.

What are your Best toys of this Era?

Unicron. Still remember when I saw the pre-order pics on BBTS for the first time, I almost busrt into tears

Also quite liked Overload. I think it was the first toy to have the G1 transforming noise built in?

What are your Worst toys of this Era?

Too many to choose from...Laserbeak would be in the top 3.

Overload around 2002.

Not collecting the Unicron trilogy figures so none atm.