Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: August Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by 16364279 View Post
    thanks for the pointing that out.

g1 hasbro takara is what i am collecting
    The reason that what you're saying is confusing us is that Action Masters Soundwave is also G1 Hasbro Takara. In fact it's G1 squared, because it's one of only a handful of G1 era character toys that was a second incarnation of another G1 toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    FAB Long Haul, a special fig being the first my partner has bought for me! She even picked out the one with the best apps!

He is really an awesome figure and my first FAB! If any other FABs are up to his quality I wouldn't mind getting them!
    I like the FAB's but be aware that most of them are glorified large Legend figures. There's a few I can recommend:

Movie 1
    - Brawl
    - Frenzy
    - Ironhide
    - Blackout (or RotF Grindor)

RotF
    - Optimus Prime (different mold to movie 1 version)
    - Skids
    - Mudflap

Avoid: Jetfire, Starscream, movie 1 Megatron, Sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by 16364279 View Post
    thanks for the pointing that out.

g1 hasbro takara is what i am collecting
    I was going to mention it, but they obviously beat me to the punch on that

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Today's loot:
    Thanks to Dirge for these items
    How come only Mixmaster and Scavenger Kup? Didn't wanna get the others to form the small "mighty" Devastator?

Anyway got these over the last few days...

Thanks to Griffin for: The comics, Botcon posted and free Jay Jays hoodie (in da wash!)
    Thanks to Goro for: Cybertron custom G1 Jetfire and "complete" Jetfire although the clown did forget my launcher and missiles..
    Thanks to Bro(Icy) for: Longhaul and Scalpel
    From Target sale: MIO Pup, Mudflap with "Mudflap" plate, Interrogator Barricade and TFs Animated Season 1 boxset

Picked up some items on layby and special thanks to DD for Victory DVD Set to complete my Japanese G1 continuation series. And of course to dear bro for EZ Devastator.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Just got home to find these

Both signed by Tony Todd

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    How come only Mixmaster and Scavenger Kup? Didn't wanna get the others to form the small "mighty" Devastator?
    Because three of us ordered a case, which comes with three spares (and it's the same three spares in every case). So I sold two of the spares to kup at a bargain price. The other will live in my car

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Devastator's very poor depiction in the movie lowered my enthusiasm for this toy. I wouldn't mind getting a full set but I won't go the extra mile for one. I picked up this two as a chance buy from Dirge when I went to pick up my Henkei Dinobot that I had loaned him - I will probably get the others in the same way but since I no longer care for this take on Devastator as a character, it doesn't matter to me if it takes a long time or if it doesn't happen.

Japanese boxset from jb $79 is too good to pass up. Encore cassettes from Jay. Thank you!

Some of these ROTF guys snuck in in July.. picked up Mixmaster from what is left of the Target sale stock, Deluxe Jolt and the Ice Cream twins today

Skids, Chromia, Wheelie and all the Scouts from BigW last weekend

Last edited by Jetfire; 3rd August 2009 at 06:08 PM.

Well, picked up a layby from K-Mart, where there were also some new figs, so I've I now have, ROTF Long Haul, Mixmaster, Ransack, Depthcharge, Dune Runner, and Scalpel.