Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay #@$^&*&% - PayPal only from 16 June.

well no more selling on eBay. Jerks.

I can imagine a lot more "COD" via Direct Deposit...

Dumb move. Just because you're dominant doesn't mean people will flock to you by default. eBay's market position was built up partly through ease of use. As Burn alluded to, it's the more casual users who will just abandon eBay.

Personally, I normally purchase stuff from overseas anyway, and use PayPal for that. But I'll use eBay Australia even less, because the number of casual sellers will drop (and the scalpers/most dealers on eBay Australia are of no use to me).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

It sucks, but other than for greed purposes, it does prevent bucketloads of fraud. It's your standard two pronged sword. Of course, their monopoly doesn't really help the situation. Thus, discontinuing the use of eBay will ultimately be biting off your nose to spite your face.

Just got the email from ebay, and includes something that prevents people who don't like paypal or have a credit card from using ebay to sell stuff.

From 21 May you must offer PayPal on all your listings as well as currently permitted payment methods.

From 17 June you will only be able to offer PayPal on your listings and pay on pick up (i.e.paid for when picking up the item).
    Pay on pick up can only be offered in conjunction with PayPal. No other payment methods will be permitted.
    It might save them time and money by eliminating disputes, but it will surely have an effect on their revenue. Then again, forcing everyone to use their paypal service, could generate ebay more money in the end (more than half of my local sales in the past have been paid by direct deposit).

Mr MacGibbon acknowledged that some buyers would be upset by the change, but believed most would benefit from the increased level of security.
    Taken from the linked article in the first post.
    Its very buyer based now isn't it?

I only used paypal for overseas transactions and because of the percentage they charge on transactions for paypal only wanted payment via bank deposit. Now with Listing fees, Final Amount fees and now paypal fees its 3 sets of fees on top of transferring the money into a real account.

Any other Auction sites that we can change to and show Ebay that they suck.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

This sucks! Once again, everyone gets screwed all because of a small proportion of fraudsters!

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Any other Auction sites that we can change to and show Ebay that they suck?

I second the question!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Thus, discontinuing the use of eBay will ultimately be biting off your nose to spite your face.
    Very nicely put.

I'm mostly a buyer and a very rare seller. So it won't affect me a great deal. I can imagine it will deter me from even selling now since i'm so casual. I guess we'll just see less n less casual sellers which will be a pity since its often a bargain bin for me.

just charge a few bucks extra (5 for every 100 spent) for shipping to cover the costs

www.oztion.com.au is the only other auction site i know but they dont have anything usually tf wise

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    just charge a few bucks extra (5 for every 100 spent) for shipping to cover the costs
    Oh i'm sure the "handling fees" will be the next thing they go after.