Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ultimate army builder

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I don't see why you can't build an army of Fortress Maximus toys.
    If your play involves a clone army, then why not?
    Depends on if you're talking about characters or toys. (or how you interpret your own toys when "playing")

Goktimus is correct that in the Official Transformers Universe, there haven't been a lot of (character) armies that were made into toys... but in that video clip, and in collections featured on this site, any toy collected in multiple quantities is an army of that toy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It musta screened on foxtel recently because I had two different people at work come up to me to talk about it. (my hobby is well known at work)
    I remember when it was first mentioned on the American fansites last year, and agreeing that the offer was outrageous.... because the toyshop owner was severely undervaluing it (probably hoping that they would just sell it to him).
    $5,000???? You could get that much just for the army of Scorponoks he had if they all have their boxes, or even both his Fort Max toys (since one had a beautifully MINT box).
    He mentions 1,000 TFs... that's just $5 average, when even the cheapest ones would be worth more than $5.
    I think his collection would be worth well over $50,000 if all complete, unbroken, and if most had their packaging looking as good as the ones we saw. Sold individually on ebay for auction, and quoting the show for reliability, he could get close to $100,000.

Let's see, minimum amounts on the big ticket items, based on some completed sales on ebay...
    2 Fort Max, with box for one or both - $4000
    5 Scorponok - $2500
    6 Trypticon - $2500
    3 Omega Supreme - $1000
    3 Metroplex - $500
    3 Predaking - $1000
    4 Menasor - $800
    4 Sixshot - $500
    4 Megatron - $500
    5 PowerMaster Optimus - $600
    9 Gen1/Gen2 Optimus - $1000
    9 Devastors - $2000
    27 Dinobots - $1000

That's almost $20,000 just for the 80 bigger items, with another 900 to go... and a lot of those can fetch $50-100 each if in complete, mint condition (especially harder to find items that have not been reissued).
    Definitely worth the labour breaking it up and selling, if they knew what they were doing.

The owner looks familiar, so maybe he's been to one or more BotCons over the years... which you'd expect from an American with such dedication to the hobby.
    That would be my thoughts, if you split them up and did some leg work there is a lot more than 20k to be made there
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Depends on if you're talking about characters or toys. (or how you interpret your own toys when "playing")

Goktimus is correct that in the Official Transformers Universe, there haven't been a lot of (character) armies that were made into toys... but in that video clip, and in collections featured on this site, any toy collected in multiple quantities is an army of that toy.
    yep, we're not talking show accuracy here, more the toys themselves and how impressive any one toy can look as an army, regardless of canon
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I don't see why you can't build an army of Fortress Maximus toys.
    If your play involves a clone army, then why not?
    Or Fortress Maximi being gathered from around the multiverse: from the US cartoon, Japanese cartoon, Marvel comic, Blackthorne comic, Dreamwave comic, IDW comic, Armada generic, etc.

It musta screened on foxtel recently because I had two different people at work come up to me to talk about it. (my hobby is well known at work)
    I remember when it was first mentioned on the American fansites last year, and agreeing that the offer was outrageous.... because the toyshop owner was severely undervaluing it (probably hoping that they would just sell it to him).
    $5,000???? You could get that much just for the army of Scorponoks he had if they all have their boxes, or even both his Fort Max toys (since one had a beautifully MINT box).
    He mentions 1,000 TFs... that's just $5 average, when even the cheapest ones would be worth more than $5.
    I think his collection would be worth well over $50,000 if all complete, unbroken, and if most had their packaging looking as good as the ones we saw. Sold individually on ebay for auction, and quoting the show for reliability, he could get close to $100,000.

Let's see, minimum amounts on the big ticket items, based on some completed sales on ebay...
    2 Fort Max, with box for one or both - $4000
    5 Scorponok - $2500
    6 Trypticon - $2500
    3 Omega Supreme - $1000
    3 Metroplex - $500
    3 Predaking - $1000
    4 Menasor - $800
    4 Sixshot - $500
    4 Megatron - $500
    5 PowerMaster Optimus - $600
    9 Gen1/Gen2 Optimus - $1000
    9 Devastors - $2000
    27 Dinobots - $1000

That's almost $20,000 just for the 80 bigger items, with another 900 to go... and a lot of those can fetch $50-100 each if in complete, mint condition (especially harder to find items that have not been reissued).
    Definitely worth the labour breaking it up and selling, if they knew what they were doing.

The owner looks familiar, so maybe he's been to one or more BotCons over the years... which you'd expect from an American with such dedication to the hobby.
    Are we talking all boxed examples?
    after finally buying scorponok boxed for just under $400, i found a loose one, days later with fastrack and fastrack guns for $150.
    Original megatron seems to sell between 2 and 4hundred+ a piece .
    my best metroplex with 2 minibots was 26 pounds??
    guess it just depends on who's bidding at the time and their budget
    i've over and under paid plenty of times

Can't have baby and transformers in the same room. pfffft what the hell is William talking about.
    Maybe sell 2 or 3 of em ,but that's it

The values I listed were just taken from the completed successful sales on ebay from the last couple weeks... so yeah, final bids can fluctuate depending on how many people manage to see it and compete for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    yep, we're not talking show accuracy here, more the toys themselves and how impressive any one toy can look as an army, regardless of canon
    Acknowledged.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Acknowledged.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast