View Poll Results: Where do you keep your Transformers toys?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Display in dedicated Transformers room

4 10.53%
  • Display in dedicated collectables/toy room

9 23.68%
  • Display in home office

8 21.05%
  • Display in bedroom(s)

7 18.42%
  • Display at workplace

1 2.63%
  • Display in garage/shed

3 7.89%
  • In storage

11 28.95%
  • Other

8 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where do you keep your Transformers?

I said home office but it is really 1/3 home office, 1/3 garage and 1/3 storage. Hopefully all home office one day.

Garage, although since we don't drive our garage is used for my Gunpla desk, my wife's sewing, and storing my housemate's tools. But i think it still counts as a garage according to the definition laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    This might be a bit of a weak justification, but it's for their protection. Someday, I'd like to pass my collection on to my kids in the best possible condition. If they don't inherit my interest in transforming robots, then at least they can sell them.
    Fair enough I guess, I used to have some in storage and decided that if I can't display them then they go. For me I get enjoyment out of looking at them, the smell of the old boxes, the displays of different eras, all that stuff takes me back to being a kid in the glorious 80's.
    Imho I don't think anything after the 2007 movie will appreciate with any significance (perhaps even earlier, Armada sells for less than original RRP these days) If there is appreciation it won't be like the sealed and graded G1 stuff has. There are a number of factors at work here and yes there is the odd gem that pops up, but as we have seen with MP-11SW, once reissued the price comes back to sane levels.
    I may eat my words in 30 years time, and be annoyed that I opened all my Takara Tomy Masterpieces.................but then I wouldn't have had 30 years of enjoyment looking at them.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I said home office but it is really 1/3 home office, 1/3 garage and 1/3 storage.
    Hence why you're able to vote for more than one option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    You may vote for more than one option.
    =================
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    I may eat my words in 30 years time, and be annoyed that I opened all my Takara Tomy Masterpieces.................but then I wouldn't have had 30 years of enjoyment looking at them.
    THIS! (y) No amount of money can replace the decades of precious memories of playing with and loving our toys. Monetary value is only one narrow way of measuring a toy's worth. At the risk of sounding like a Mastercard ad, while a toy collection may be worth an amount of money, the years of memories that they hold is priceless.

RID stuff is in the living room on a bookshelf, then in the spare bedroom (previously my study) there are 75% in glass display cabinets and then the remaining in my bedroom/study.
    Love having them all out

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Fair enough I guess, I used to have some in storage and decided that if I can't display them then they go. For me I get enjoyment out of looking at them, the smell of the old boxes, the displays of different eras, all that stuff takes me back to being a kid in the glorious 80's.
    Imho I don't think anything after the 2007 movie will appreciate with any significance (perhaps even earlier, Armada sells for less than original RRP these days) If there is appreciation it won't be like the sealed and graded G1 stuff has. There are a number of factors at work here and yes there is the odd gem that pops up, but as we have seen with MP-11SW, once reissued the price comes back to sane levels.
    Yeah, I'm not one of those "investor" type collectors either, and I do free many of my toys from their plastic prisons to play with. But when I have kids who are old enough, it'd be nice to have the option of letting them experience these toys the same way I did. A chance for them to walk in my shoes. Not all Transformers are the same, and the ones that'll be produced 30 years from now will probably be very different from the ones we're currently getting. To me, it's not so much about the money but about sharing the experience (or at least keeping the option open for the kids to experience it if they wanted to).

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Comparatively speaking, when you factor in the amount of time and money spent on toys, they're actually a really poor form of investment. If you want to invest in your children's interest then you'd be better off investing your money on other things like:
    * Depositing all that money into a bank account and let it build interest
    * Stock market shares
    * Real estate

Also, selling toys sucks! Massive waste of time! More conventional forms of investment not only tend to make a lot more earnings for you, but you can claim those earnings pretty much straight away. Want to access money from a bank account? Make a withdrawal! Stock market shares or real estate? Sell 'em!
    Yeah.. Read my more recent comment. I don't see my Transformers as an investment. Frankly I'm insulted that someone would think that of me. I just want keep the option of sharing my hobby with my kids open, and I don't want to give them things that are damaged. If it turns out they don't like Transformers, then they can do whatever they want with them after I'm dead, even sell them.

Since we could never get a builder for the extension on our house, I've been reduced to sorting through my 20+ 140 liter crates and continuing to store them in my shed.

Since its been so hard to find specific toys Ive been resorting to dividing them into large ziplock bags based on the character rather than the toyline, its made things easier.

A majority of my AOE figures are in storage at the moment. The Transformers I cherish the most, 07 movie main cast figures and Takara exclusives such as Buster Prime and MP Wheeljack, are mainly displayed alongside some of my Master Grade Gundams and Macross kits. Occasionally, I might pull a few figures to be displayed on my work desk.

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"