Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Has the Masterpiece line come to an end?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The only US G1 MPs that I can think that Takara's ever done are:
    * the limited exclusive variant of MP Grimlock (with the Marvel US colours and crown).
    * MP G2 Sideswipe - the face sculpt and accessories based on the G2 US comics.
    But these are both variants of already existing MPs that they made. I cannot think of a single new-mould MP that Takara have ever made based on a US G1 character that was never released in Japan.

The closest that's ever been done would be MP Offshoot, but that was technically done by Hasbro as an accessory for their version of MP Rodimus Prime. Otherwise all MPs are based on what is essentially what has been released in Japan.
    Gok, EVERYTHING from "More Than Meets The Eye Part 1" till "Rebirth Part 3" are US G1. It was later released in Japan as Fight Super Robot Lifeform but that doesn't make it JP G1 which is Headmasters through to Victory.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

To me hasbro has dropped their interest in making g1 masterpiece.

Tt has slowed down considerably but balance with bw masterpiece.
    The masterpiece line is out of place because they combined beastwars numbers and g1 making it a same collection hence it doesn't look like the masterpiece line has ended. They are using the bw series to cover any issues with g1 toys masterpiece in licensing or design.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    To me hasbro has dropped their interest in making g1 masterpiece.

Tt has slowed down considerably but balance with bw masterpiece.
    The masterpiece line is out of place because they combined beastwars numbers and g1 making it a same collection hence it doesn't look like the masterpiece line has ended. They are using the bw series to cover any issues with g1 toys masterpiece in licensing or design.
    Yeah, while I appreciate Takara branching out into Beast Wars, and it's a welcome change; it's still weird that they haven't announced any more G1 stuff after Artfire. There's still a lot of juice left in G1 Masterpeice, and there's plenty of characters they can do without a special license, like the Insecticons (Shrapnel, Bombshell, and Kickback - who bascially began life as Diaclone toys) and the 1986 movie cast (Galvatron, Arcee, Blurr, etc - which had futuristic alt-modes designed for the movie). Since these toys aren't based on real-life vehicles, and there's no pressure to be "exact" replicas of a certain thing, it should be relatively easy to design these Masterpiece figures.

The MP36 survey has a question which asks people what they think about the pacing of the MP line. Answers are:
    Too quickly
    Just right
    Too slowly

I'll post a more comprehensive translation on the relevant thread at the end of the month. Although if any other Japanese speakers who can bypass the geoblock would like to go ahead and do it then please be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Gok, EVERYTHING from "More Than Meets The Eye Part 1" till "Rebirth Part 3" are US G1. It was later released in Japan as Fight Super Robot Lifeform but that doesn't make it JP G1 which is Headmasters through to Victory.
    Wow. Transformers fact denial.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Megatron? Too slow, it was basically an attack on 3p companies getting their profits. But well overall better to have than not to. Likewise jazz and the rest of outstanding cars too slow.

The balance has to be right if they want people to collect.
    I am not sure about most of you but I don't want to be 60 when Jazz arrive.
    Currently the 3p are dominating what tt is lacking, I would not have bought a single 3p if they have launched hound, mirage and jazz. Basically 3p is making it easy for me to jump ship.

I was never a Transformers collector to begin with so with the current stage where the MPs are at, I am ok to wait for a good jazz and call it a day even though there are bound to be pieces that would interest me in the future.