Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: ... I would have waited an eternity for these...

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    However, I have to say this - in terms of the exactitude of construction, paint apps, quality of the plastic and overall QC, any reissue pales in comparison to vintage pieces, but even vintage G1 pieces pale in comparison to the diaclone/ pre TF pieces.

It could be mold degradation or something, but the feel is just vastly different. For example, if you hold and transform a diaclone sunstreaker, you'd know what the mold is meant to do and what it feels like - no loose parts, joints has a certain feel to it, etc. Even a 1984 TF sun streaker pales in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I would agree with this. The moulds would be the first runs ever and everything just seems 'crisp'. Plus you have Japanese workmanship and care in the cutting and assembling of parts.
    Completely agree with everything you are both saying, however for me, this would be a moot point as I'd just leave it in the box anyway
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Meh...

Well done on obtaining your long-term grail.
    (I know how exciting and relieving it feels)

But I wonder if you are feeling what I feel? - not having a replacement super-rare grail to obsessively hunt for. When I finally got the BC94 Breakdown, there hasn't been anything filling my number-1 spot since... because it had been my grail for so many years. Nothing else seems worthy, and the toy hunt on ebay is just not the same without the 'grail' item being first on my mind.
    It's like completing a collection... it feels good at first, but you start missing 'the hunt'.
    Or do you already have a new grail?

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    Very nice indeed. Remarkable condition & you can at least die happy knowing your lifes mission is complete
    Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Very cool HD! Makes me smile this big for you

Also, he looks mean as hell in robot mode.
    Thanks guys! @ Prowl, well, its one of my life's missions...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So now since the silver G1 toy is called Bluestreak, HD should call his blue Diaclone Bluestreak toy Silverstreak! Muahahaha!
    Hmm... to me, this will always be "Bluestreak"...

Quote Originally Posted by hanprimus View Post
    WoW! Awesome HD! You are definitely in the top 3 collectors that I've known of with so many rare acquisitions and the money power to do so. Simply amazing!
    Thanks for the kind words Johann. I've spent quite a fair bit during the month of May. Spending in May/June has reached the 5-figures mark (in AUD$) and you will know why when I unveil the next 6 pieces!

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I would agree with this. The moulds would be the first runs ever and everything just seems 'crisp'. Plus you have Japanese workmanship and care in the cutting and assembling of parts.
    Yup, definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Goodness, a complex deal but worth it! Looking forward to part 2 of the full story (with pics!) on your blog
    Not have to time to pen the chapter yet, but it will be up soonish!

Big Congrats!

Looking forward to finding out the 6 new transformers you will be unveiling!

totally awsome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    This tread makes me smile just because I know, HD, you would have one at the moment the size of a freight train.
    Congratulations mate, how insanely cool it is to see you finally acquire an un-obstructed Blue-Bluestreak Box-art piece, only to have that followed up with an incredibly minty Blue-Bluestreak figure only days later.
    I look forward to seeing what this amazing acquisition is followed up with, I know what I hope it is...

I continue to say it, but HD - You are the Master of 'Seek and Acquire'!
    Thanks Hursti, you summed it up very well in terms of how awesome it is to have obtained an unobstructed piece of bluesteak art followed by the blu Bluestreak itself!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Meh...

Well done on obtaining your long-term grail.
    (I know how exciting and relieving it feels)

But I wonder if you are feeling what I feel? - not having a replacement super-rare grail to obsessively hunt for. When I finally got the BC94 Breakdown, there hasn't been anything filling my number-1 spot since... because it had
    been my grail for so many years. Nothing else seems worthy, and the toy hunt on ebay is just not the same without the 'grail' item being first on my mind.
    It's like completing a collection... it feels good at first, but you start missing 'the hunt'.
    Or do you already have a new grail?
    You got the BC94 breakdown? Congrats dude! That must be such a milestone.

In a way I feel very much like you do. For years and years this has been my number grail, now that I have it, there is a void. I have always distinguished between "wants" and a true grail. Where I have many wants, I have always maintained that I only have one grail (God Primus was a mini grail). Now that I have it, there won't be "another" grail to take it's place.

So in answer to your question, no, there is not 'new' grail.

The throne is empty, long live the king!

Quote Originally Posted by robwin1974 View Post
    Big Congrats!

Looking forward to finding out the 6 new transformers you will be unveiling!
    Thanks Rob. 1 of the 6 are in the house. I'm picking up another 1 tomorrow and the package of 4 has arrived (according to my tracking info).

I'm tossing up between unveiling one by one or all at once....

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    totally awsome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post

1 of the 6 are in the house. I'm picking up another 1 tomorrow and the package of 4 has arrived (according to my tracking info).

I'm tossing up between unveiling one by one or all at once....

Can't wait to see what these 6 are going to be. I bet whatever they are they will be jawdroppingly exquisite

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Simply amazing! Congrats HD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Simply amazing! Congrats HD!!
    Thanks Robzy!

Quote Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    Can't wait to see what these 6 are going to be. I bet whatever they are they will be jawdroppingly exquisite
    1 was in 2 days ago and I just got 4 of them home today. Didn't manage to pick up the last one, but will do it tomorrow... very excited!

Have updated my blog with the story of this Bluestreak's acquisition.

Considering you only have 7 JP wants in your siggie... it'll be more interesting to see which one has been missed.