Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyfair Australia 2015 report and pics.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    All this toyfair info and reveals has me thinking this is probably one of the best years for the brand and for us. There is just so much product and seems to be of a very good quality standard. In addition, hasbro seems to have the hit the balance of collector and kid friendly. They are playing on our nostalgia (over 35's) and probably appealing to the kids (our children)

The only thing missing I feel would be a cartoon tie in for combiner wars; a 30 minute short or something to that effect. Something for the kids to latch onto and play out their fantasies with the combiners etc.

However bravo hasbro and thank you hasbro aus
    I actually totally agree. I think Hasbro have seen that kids don't seem to want toys/action figures as much as Collectors. They seem more interested in console games than toys IMO. And these figures have to be better quality and more of an homage to appeal to older adult collectors.

As for some sort of cartoon... I've been wishing for years that Hasbro (or whoever) would make some standalone 60 min Transformers animated films, similar to the DC Universe Animated films. I don't even care if there's no direct toy-to-cartoon tie-in. I just think it would be awesome having some more "adult" stories based on the different stories/universes (I'd like to see some G1 of course), rather than a new series which has a continuity to adhere to, and must appeal to a wide demographic including younger kids.

So who has details about this Sydney toy convention? With 2 little kids, and wife working weekends, I can't travel, so how hard will getting whatever set comes out be?

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    So who has details about this Sydney toy convention? With 2 little kids, and wife working weekends, I can't travel, so how hard will getting whatever set comes out be?
    I think this is the one, Oz Comic Con.

Their website is here.
    Looks like they are setting themselves up as a decent competition to Supanova, with five this year around the country, compared to Supanova's six... and their info page notes that they are a global convention company, doing over 400 events each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post

The only thing missing I feel would be a cartoon tie in for combiner wars; a 30 minute short or something to that effect. Something for the kids to latch onto and play out their fantasies with the combiners etc.

)
    I heart this idea. No need to spend flashy cash on three d rendered designs. Just lock Simon Furman in a room with g1 style cell animators for a one off telemovie. The fans would go bezerk for it

Edit: either I was drunk, or it was damn autocorrect.
    Last edited by reillyd; 7th March 2015 at 05:38 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think this is the one, Oz Comic Con.

Their website is here.
    Looks like they are setting themselves up as a decent competition to Supanova, with five this year around the country, compared to Supanova's six... and their info page notes that they are a global convention company, doing over 400 events each year.
    So melbournes before sdcc, won't get the item, and I won't be able to travel to sydney just for a toy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    So melbournes before sdcc, won't get the item, and I won't be able to travel to sydney just for a toy.....
    I have you covered there if OZ comic con is going to be the event.

Griff Did banter have anything? I am still disappointed with the lack of distribution of the movie cards last year and wonder if they will try to push them again or if we might see them pop up in some stores on clearance (wishful thinking)
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Last night on Twitter i thanked Hisashi Yuki for his photos of Star Saber and asked him to suggest that Kobayashi do similar for MP-25. Whilst something might come from that, the response suggested otherwise:

Quote Originally Posted by TF Yuki
    Starsaber is Fan's Choice item. Therefore, it was special service from me. Basically need wait for the official announcement
    Official announcement hey? Guess they didn't realise the prototype was appearing in this months Japanese hobby magazines or that the official solicitation picture was in the wild

So maybe Griffin's 25/26 news was accurate after all... cause i also noticed that a listing for Tracks that was on Rakuten has since been removed. Probably jumped the gun?

To be honest it sounds like they've got no idea what's going on themselves! My perception is that the promotion of Star Saber on Twitter was really beneficial, so why they haven't noticed that, and seemingly don't intend to continue early promotion/marketing is beyond me. I imagine all the designers are as proud of their work as Yuki is, so would think they'd be keen to do it as well. Probably a case of traditional management not clued into the ways of the internet!

I have updated the first post to include the Oz Comic Con details, and did some minor edits.

One of the other license-holders that we found had themed lamps, which some have said were out in stores already... but this is a photo of the brochure...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    I have you covered there if OZ comic con is going to be the event.

Griff Did banter have anything? I am still disappointed with the lack of distribution of the movie cards last year and wonder if they will try to push them again or if we might see them pop up in some stores on clearance (wishful thinking)
    I mentioned their Loyal Subjects coming out in the next month, and asked about the trading cards because they had them on display... but the main person who deals with them wasn't there that day, so all I was told from someone who may not know for sure is that they are still looking to get them into market. I didn't mention it in the report because I was going to find out for sure first from the person who deals with them.

Oh, and the guy who was there from Hasbro America... I asked him to remind people back at head office that next year is a Beast Wars anniversary year, if they haven't already organised some homage toys or Platinum Edition reissues.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I have updated the first post to include the Oz Comic Con details, and did some minor edits.

One of the other license-holders that we found had themed lamps, which some have said were out in stores already... but this is a photo of the brochure...

I mentioned their Loyal Subjects coming out in the next month, and asked about the trading cards because they had them on display... but the main person who deals with them wasn't there that day, so all I was told from someone who may not know for sure is that they are still looking to get them into market. I didn't mention it in the report because I was going to find out for sure first from the person who deals with them.
    Thanks!!

those lamp have been at Gametrader stores in NSW for a couple of months now nice looking lamps
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy