Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers PlayStation 2 Game (2004) Optimus Prime 3D Animation thingy

You fight Unicron as well as Tidal Wave?? Man, I can't wait to play this - it's going to be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    It also has one the coolest boss fights of all time against Tidal wave. A nice touch is that the level with TW as the boss has you running around him (and inside) as he is in vehicle mode...
    The whole game was a big suprise to me in many aspects, but yes, this moment was a real highlight! =o) That first moment of hearing the distant mortar cannons firing was pretty effing sweet, especially still riding on the buzz of aquiring that Minicon minutes before! I'm not saying what the Minicon does, cause I don't wanna spoil it for Doubledealer =oP As I was out of the Transformer loop at the time (but still a long-term fan from a distance), I had little knowledge of the Armada universe, hence I was unaware that this huge aircraft carrier firing cannons at me, would later transform and whoop me senseless, so I was in total awe! I've never been whooped so hard and still have a grin on my face XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I found this game interesting because it changed quite lot from the initial development to the final product.

Check this video out to see some stuff that was left out. Powerlinking in vehicle mode for example. There is no sound.
    http://au.gamespot.com/ps2/action/tr...videos;title;3

I think one of the guys that used to be on TAAU worked on the game as it was done by Melbourne house (in Australia! )
    I can't remember names, but when I was doing a Game Design course back in 2005 (had to withdraw, wife pregnant, needed job), I got to meet some of the people who worked on this game, and they showed us a video of how the very first version looked, and it looked C-R-A-P! They were basically instructed to "make a game to sell the toys", so the game essentially looked like the toys, but moving... it was NOT pretty... IIRC, the initial time allowed for the project was around 12 months, so when they decided to scrap the piece of crap they had and actually make something they would be proud of, they only had around 6 months left. So even though the length of the game is mildly disappointing, considering the time they had to accomplish what they did, I stand amazed and take my hat off to the guys and gals of Melbourne House! And to Atari, CURSE YOU TO HELL FOR CANCELLING THE SEQUEL!!! *very angry fanboy face*

And ty for the video link, very nice! =oD
    Last edited by Jaisun; 13th September 2009 at 09:38 PM.

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

Yeh, I strongly recommend collecting the Data cons as it also has concept ideas and stuff in there to look at.

This game made me like yellow cars. I hated them (and therefore Hotshot) before this!

And some trivia. Regurgitator did a version of the theme for this game.
    Thought I would add a linky-link to the atari web page in question.
    http://www.atari.com/transformers/
    Last edited by Tetsuwan Convoy; 14th September 2009 at 01:25 AM.

when do you fight unicron? i remember tidal wave and megatron

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    At the very end, after the Megatron battle. All this talk makes me wanna go finish it again =oP Back in the day I made game saves per difficulty (3 save slots, 3 difficulties) and finished it on each (some Minicons are only obtainable on the Hard setting). Over time I lost my PS2 game save somehow, so about 12 months ago I did the same thing on the PS3 using a virtual memory card... Could it be time to do it again? =oP

Many, many older games bring me back for a quick shot, but few games bring me back to finish again, and this is one of them.

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    You had to collect most of the Minicons to do it as well, then he was a sort of bonus level type affair.

What mincons were available on the hard setting? I think I got them all on the Rookie setting, maybe about 40 or so. Cant remember exactly.

i know you need to collect certain minicons to get to other minicons

On the recruit level, collecting 30 Minicons will enable the battle with Unicron. For the Veteran level you need 35, and for the Commander level all 40 Minicons are required. It's been a while since I played through, so I can't remember the names/abilities of the Commander mode-only Minicons sorry.

I still love playing this game. I actually find Unicron the easiest level as it and the first amazon level were the only levels I finished on my first attempt
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

ha! i remember unicron battle! flying around and stuff in space