Page 461 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 441451456457458459460461462463464465466471481 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/1/13/Tr...t_stingray.jpg

How good would this guy be as a Pre-BW Depth Charge?!

Apparently its an unreleased Decepticon mold.
    I can easily see the Japanese engineers flicking through their old design prototypes and sketches back in '95-'96, when tasked with looking for an equal to Rampage figure, and coming across this design and working off of it/taking design cues to achieve what Depth Charge would eventually become.

Clearly it's an old G1 Decepticon design sketch, but I can see some very heavy cues and similarities and IMO it would make an awesome Pre-Beast Wars Depth Charge, hell, even a Depth Charge before the 'Great Upgrade'.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    True, mine "leans" to one side coz the lag can't support the heavy body, sigh
    It really sucks eh!

Hey - I just bought this... this is the non Brown Plastic Syndrome version of Transmetal Megs, right? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transforme...item4163371083

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Hey - I just bought this... this is the non Brown Plastic Syndrome version of Transmetal Megs, right? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transforme...item4163371083
    Takara, so yep.

Also, your new OP will have clearish purple plastic instead of brown, which doesn't look as bad as it sounds.

Cool - thanks Odie. I bid on it for that purpose and it wasn't until I won that I thought hmm... what if there was more than one version of Takara Transmetal Megatron and I got the wrong one?

Hi People. Whats the deal with the g1 ultra magnus with the silver painted face as opposed to the no paint face. (besides the silver paint)
    is one rarer than the other?

Also, my friend has a box of transformer cards ( he's thinking of selling it hopefully) I can't find any pics on the net.
    It's stamped 1986
    The box is pink, i think
    It has 60 card packs in it
    They have bubblegum in them too
    seems to have a pop up display with optimus standing ,gun in air, in front of a tf symbol.
    It's still sealed/wrapped.
    Thats all i can remember, I'll try and get a pick of it up soon.
    Any idea of the type of cards inside?
    what might he expect to get for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Hi People. Whats the deal with the g1 ultra magnus with the silver painted face as opposed to the no paint face. (besides the silver paint)
    is one rarer than the other?
    Ultra Magnus is one of the most variant Transformers ever. Generally the ideal variant combination would be the one with painted-face helmet and painted antenna, painted small head, rubber wheels, 'glass' windscreen, long smokestacks, short missiles, metal toes, chromed legs and gastanks.

To see the insane Magnus variations, check this out: http://fredsworkshop.com/vmagnus.html

Also, my friend has a box of transformer cards ( he's thinking of selling it hopefully) I can't find any pics on the net.
    It's stamped 1986
    The box is pink, i think
    seems to have a pop up display with optimus standing ,gun in air, in front of a tf symbol.
    If the box says Transformers Action Cards, your friend should get a lot for a sealed box. Definitely in the hundreds.

If the box says Transformers Action Cards, your friend should get a lot for a sealed box. Definitely in the hundreds.
    It actually sounds like it could be something like that, due to the "pink" part....

It's stamped 1986
    The box is pink, i think
    Oh, hold on - is it possible that you might mean stickers rather than cards? If so then I'm 99% sure you're talking about the Panini stickers for the Transformers Sticker Book. I used to have one of the boxes and it had Optimus Prime in front of a Decepticon symbol like on the cover of the book. Here's a box for sale - does it look a bit like this, only in English? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Box-100-Pacc...item19ce3b718b If not then I still think it could be the Action Cards (only the box might by now be faded to a pink instead of its original reddy black.)

Oh, hold on - is it possible that you might mean stickers rather than cards? If so then I'm 99% sure you're talking about the Panini stickers for the Transformers Sticker Book. I used to have one of the boxes and it had Optimus Prime in front of a Decepticon symbol like on the cover of the book. Here's a box for sale - does it look a bit like this, only in English? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Box-100-Pacc...item19ce3b718b If not then I still think it could be the Action Cards (only the box might by now be faded to a pink instead of its original reddy black.)
    I think that looks like it . similar pic on the front. i'll check next time i head over. thanks
    although i thought it said 60 card packs?

It's stamped 1986
    The box is pink, i think
    Nice, I collect the cards (japanese, US, Australia, greek) - depending on what set it is could go from $40 to a couple of hundred.
    I actually need to add some more info to tfwiki when I get a chance...
    Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    It actually sounds like it could be something like that, due to the "pink" part....
    Was that you scoring that lot HD?