Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Decision Thread

Hi,

I haven't started many threads here so I thought this would be a good idea. I get the impression that many here (including myself) have a hard time making decisions on which toys they would like(definitely me). So I have started this thread for those who need help making decisions on which option(s) they should take, based on the experiences and comparisons made by other members. Please feel free to post any questions regarding decisions on what you should buy and help those around you. I am not very experienced at this type of thing so share the answers around a little:
    As for me, my important decision is a tad complicated involving various products.
    I get around $150 for my birthday and about the same for Christmas. I have many options and I pretty much favour them all:
    Option 1: $150 Masterpiece Optimus with Xmas money- pretty straight-forward
    Option 2: Save money from birthday and Xmas to hopefully get green giant over time. (earn the other $100 somehow)
    Option 3: Save from both to get generations voyager Soundwave and Grimlock+some FOC deluxes
    Option 4: Fall of Cybertron (game) + some deluxe class figures (from b'day money)
    Option 5: ONLINE SHOPPING SPREE FOR GENERATIONS/UNIVERSE/CLASSICS DELUXE!!!!!
    so yeah, really tough choice.
    I REALLY want mp Optimus, but my classics collection is kinda small so I may need to get a lot of those before they get eve more pricey. Green Giant will sell extremely quickly so its a tough call. Mp Op would be the earliest choice or some deluxes. Or there's even the option of saving from both and getting g1 omega supreme. SO HARD!!!
    So anyway, feel free to ask away or make suggestions to people.

Bidoofdude out...

I would go for option one. MP-10 is a pretty sweet model IMO. It's a definite winner, whereas some of your other options are potentially disappointing (I mean, who hasn't purchased something they later regretted?).

My 2 cents...

I've got MP10 (albeit the Takara version) and he's pretty sweet...

Options 1, 4, and 5 all sound pretty good. If you can get a sweet deal on the Classics lot it's a good idea, if you can get FoC and some decent Classics figs that's a good deal too.
    Bear in mind you could probably hunt online and get the US Hasbro MP10 for less than $150 even with postage, especially if you're patient, don't mind used TFs, and/or get on a decent group import order, and the same goes for FoC.
    Personally I'd go for hunting down a cheap MP10, and getting FoC.

Thanks for the two cents guys! Optimus is sounding really tempting right now and I'm quite impatient; I'll probably pay full price for him anyway. If i have any left over I'll get maybe some classics or whatever, but thanks for the info. I see no-one has made any suggestions yet. Keep it up guys.

I would def recommend the mp-10 you won't regret it
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

If you don't mind buying loose toys for Generations/Universe/Classics some of our members here are selling them $15 a figure - emmai in particular comes to mind right now. I think he has a loose dirge, Acid storm and RTS scourges up for sale...Kal el has a couple more generations stuff as well so yeah hit the sale threads if your ok with loose figures...

Yeah as OtaG said scour first for a cheap MP optimus coz then you'll have enough left over to buy some cheap Gen/Univ/Classics figure here among fellow members so option

1 and 5 ( albeit online meaning local - which saves you heaps on postage as well.

But if your one who likes MISC/MISB figures then option 5 may take a back seat and go for option 1 first - just don't be impulsive and get the first one you spot - look around online. That way you stretch your dollar more.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Umm... hey guys, let's be mindful of bidoofdude's relatively young age. If I were in your situation bidoofdude, I would recommend either option 3 or 4 -- because that's absolutely what I would do if I were your age. Actually, option 3 is pretty much what I did do when I was that age (i.e. buying lots of toys from local retail stores - only that it was G1 at the time ).

While Masterpiece Transformers appeal to us oldies who grew up with G1, I don't really see the appeal to younger fans who don't hold the same nostalgia. Also, your average Deluxe offers better play value than most Masterpieces which tend to be more like articulated and transformable (and very expensive) display pieces than proper action figures.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Actually, option 3 is pretty much what I did do when I was that age (i.e. buying lots of toys from local retail stores - only that it was G1 at the time ).
    are you THAT old??

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Umm... hey guys, let's be mindful of bidoofdude's relatively young age. If I were in your situation bidoofdude, I would recommend either option 3 or 4 -- because that's absolutely what I would do if I were your age. Actually, option 3 is pretty much what I did do when I was that age (i.e. buying lots of toys from local retail stores - only that it was G1 at the time ).

While Masterpiece Transformers appeal to us oldies who grew up with G1, I don't really see the appeal to younger fans who don't hold the same nostalgia. Also, your average Deluxe offers better play value than most Masterpieces which tend to be more like articulated and transformable (and very expensive) display pieces than proper action figures.
    Actually, I am very nostalgic, I seemed to wathc way more G1(2005 reruns) than cybertron. The only thing was, I pretty much only got cybertron toys (beacause they were in). In fact, I am quite particular and really only buy toys that appeal to G1 as they are very nostalgic to me. I've always wanted a g1 prime since i first saw g1 in 2004, so yeah, really wanted one for ages. I don't know why I missed the first too. I plan to start out with some classics, then when the bucks start getting high I can get some G1s. something thats really bad for me is whenever I go to retail stores, its always that time when there's absolutely no G1 styled toys- at all. So I actually am quite nostalgic as its pretty much the only tf cartoon I remember from when I was young.

Pre-Order MP Hot Rod or hunt down a Hasbro MP Grimlock
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera