Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we want to be associated with this?

Default Do we want to be associated with this?

Interesting find on facebook.

A industrial/goth dance party with a Cybertron tag. As a transformers fans do we want to associated with this crowd? Is any publicity for transformers good publicity? Feel free to discuss

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=23461687416

Mods. I posted this in the non tf forum because it's not a tf event. However if you think it should be moved feel free (like I could stop you)

I think it's a non-event (pun intended) as far as TF fans are concerned. It's just a goth party borrowing some TF branding.

We could make it the next fan meet just to see what the heck is all about. If they are all Emos then chances are that we will need to bring some tissues.

i cant read the site

but remember all those goth girls i kept getting hugs off in Sydney,thankyou optimus prime voice changer

now i have to sharpen my wrist blade

I think the focus is on the non-TFs element here, borrowing a current recognisable theme, without any commitment to that theme. Kinda like the NZ music group Decepticonz (spelling could be off), which even use the Decepticon symbol on their merchandise - I doubt they are TFs fans, but probably just have a related rebelious, non-conformist (Decepticon) theme in their music.

Since you need Facebook registration to access that link, someone who does could probably paste here some of the actual text details to give an idea of how much of a TFs theme this event has.

I once wore a white shirt with a Decepticon logo and Kickback on it to Bloodlust (a goth dance club) and of course, a black shirt with a Decepticon logo and Optimus Prime helmet to the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.

And yeah, a Megatron costume on a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Since you need Facebook registration to access that link, someone who does could probably paste here some of the actual text details to give an idea of how much of a TFs theme this event has.
    Event InfoName:
    Shallow Nation : Cybertron
    Host:
    Shallow Nation
    Type:
    Party - Night of Mayhem
    Time and PlaceStart Time:
    Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 9:00pm
    End Time:
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 at 3:00am
    City/Town:
    Sydney, Australia

There's also a little image which may or may not require you to be logged in to Facebook to see.

So far 7 people have confirmed they'll be there, 9 maybes, 10 won't be attending and waiting on replies from 29 others.

As far as TF related, there's really not much about TF's.

They also have a MySpace page

http://www.myspace.com/officalshallownation

I really don't get why people bad-mouth emos or any other group. While they may be different, that is what makes people interesting. I don't see why conformists should determine what is normal and what is not.

We all like TFs for varied reasons, and "emos" are just people after all. In fact, if we followed the conformist rules, I guarantee you that many of us would never have interacted with each other until we found our common thread: TFs.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

this cybertron thing is also on some site called vampirefreaks??? i'm not sure if thats correct or not but yeah, its also a dance club....

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby
    I really don't get why people bad-mouth emos or any other group. While they may be different, that is what makes people interesting. I don't see why conformists should determine what is normal and what is not.

We all like TFs for varied reasons, and "emos" are just people after all. In fact, if we followed the conformist rules, I guarantee you that many of us would never have interacted with each other until we found our common thread: TFs.
    Because being emo is kinda like glorifying or making a sub-culture out of depression. And depression is a serious mental condition which shouldn't be glorified. People who suffer from it need to seek help, rather than revelling in it and taking pride in it (that's right, "Emo Pride").

Is it acceptable for people to belong to a group where people commit acts of self-harm such as cutting themselves? And they do it because they feel that life is so numbingly bad that they need to inflict pain onto themselves in order to remind themselves that they're still alive.

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGLv3IEL0VI

Although it's a mockumentary, a lot of it's funny because it's true. Emos do tend to act more emotionally rather than thinking logically, and they thrive on presenting themselves as being depressed and upset all the time. It makes them even more irrational than most other kids - and I gotta tell ya, it's bloody frustrating to work with. (-_-)

No matter how irrational most other people get, deep down most people want to do what's right and they want good things to happen for them. Emos don't. They kinda "like" their lives to suck.

And I've spoken to our school counsellor about some of the emo kids at our school and even s/he's at his/her wit's end in terms of what to do with them, because they simply refuse to be helped.

Having said all that, a person who admits to being emo is a LOT easier to work with than an emo in denial. I find that kids are easier to work with when they know that they're having an irrational emotional outburst because they have virtually no self esteem as opposed to those who are in denial of their lack of self image. Mind you, the frustrating thing is that they don't want to or believe that anything can be done to build their self esteem. They see themselves as eternally lost causes.

I find that emo culture revolves around the principle of 'my life sucks, so I'm going to have a life-long sook about it.'

Kids who are known to self-harm are always flagged for priority psychiatric assessment for obvious reasons.