Thread: Photos

Default Photos

why are sum of my photos bigger than others?

is it the camera? i use auto for everything lol

By default most cameras take big pictures. This enables you to print them quite largely, but this size is too big for the internet. I would recommend resizing your photos to a maximum of 640 pixels width before posting online. You can use services like snipshot.com to do this. I believe Flickr will also do it for you and I'm sure others have suggestions too.

I would however always recommend saving your originals and only make a copy to work with. One day you might appreciate the ability to print it on a large scale.

Or if you go into the settings, on the camera you can change to the smaller pixel amount, it saves time, but if you actually want to use the photo for printing not such a good idea.

If you mean your camera randomly changes size by itself, a bit of a settings check would be required methinks. I like digital cameras and gadgets, so bring it next time we meet and I will be quite happy to look over it for ya.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Jay's right, Cameras take gigantic pictures. What I do is after I've uploaded them to my PC, I open them using "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" (or whatever program you've got) & then re-size them to "Document-Small" (800 by 600 px).

Then I upload them to my photobucket account & I direct link them to here. It's a bit of fiddling but the end result is beautiful - big & clear pictures.