Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MP-10 Convoy Golden version

Golden Lagoon Convoy gallery. At least the photos look good...

Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    ... set of half coconut shells as accessories.
    To ride forth upon the Land of Mercia.

Galvatran Guest

Argh. Was hoping the crotch piece would be shiny gold colour. Just means I'll have to give it a polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Argh. Was hoping the crotch piece would be shiny gold colour. Just means I'll have to give it a polish.
    lol

For those worried that the Golden Lagoon Optimus will be really rare, or hard to obtain, just be aware that the stock that was released in the last week (end of August) was just the advance release that people could pre-order from the Japanese Wonderfest in July.
    There will still be a "regular" release of this TakaraTomyMall exclusive at the end of September, and it looks like the pre-orders still haven't sold out yet.

But as with most TTM exclusives, it will be released through Hasbro Asia/HK as well... and if it isn't already out in HK and Asia this week, it might be released there at the end of September, rather than this week with the Wonderfest advance stock.

The other Golden Lagoon sets will be normal TTM and Hasbro Asia releases... it was just Convoy/Optimus that had an advance release for Wonderfest pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Golden Lagoon Convoy gallery. At least the photos look good...

The lighting makes it look a lot better than some of those convention photos. These figures look a bit weird to me, I think it is the lack of chrome or shine.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Gold plastic makes the figure weird.

So much does this one cost atm delivered? I was just looking for stuff at ebay and came across this Sold at $195

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    So much does this one cost atm delivered? I was just looking for stuff at ebay and came across this Sold at $195
    I paid $200 each for mine off eBay from Toyspark. They arrived yesterday but I haven't opened the package yet. Have to factor in GST to that sold price also. I bought mine with 10% off gift cards plus used the normal 5% discount code. Would wait until they run another 10% off like they did last night. It was that or pay $480 for two from RK.

If it was entirely chrome we'd then get people complaining about paint chipping. In fact, there is an entirely gold chrome KO of MP-10 that you are instructed not to transform for this reason.

I'm glad Takara took longevity into consideration here, and IMO the compromise really doesn't look that bad.