Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263141 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

My first meal in Australia, oportos!
    With it being about 2 minutes away from my hotel in surfers paradise, I think i know what I am having most nights for dinner. And a good meal deal on at the moment.

Just as well I am more active while on holiday in order to try and burn off some of the exttra fat eaten during holidays.

dang you can really see the oil absorbed in the paper case it's inserted in, bet you theres more still in the batter
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I found these at Belconnen Westfield, and they are really yummy... battered chicken strips.

snip

Never seen it before, and I guess it's true - everything tastes great battered.
    If only I had some tomato sauce...
    If anyone is around the Mascot area in Sydney you can buy the best fried chicken pieces, tenders & anything chicken from a place called Zistys on the cnr of Beaconsfield & Queen st Beaconsfield.

Yes it takes courage to buy their stuff as you can get sick but they sell by weight!

"$3 worth of tenders & $2 of popcorn chicken please. Why yes I will have a can of coke"

They also have a shop at Westfield Eastgardens.

Tried the two new KFC 'Signature' Burgers. Very messy, as the lettuce is chopped up so falls out all over the place, and the cheese in the Parmasan one was also chunks that kept falling out. Neither was worth the $7, but were probably worth trying once.

When I bought them yesterday, I was a bit amused by this huge lady at the register next to me - she was making a big fuss about how she was paying more for a "premium" burger, so wanted them to make her another one, because the first one had been sitting on the warming tray for a couple minutes (the burger was made first, but something else she ordered took a few minutes to be ready).
    Really.... she was being all snobbish about the quality of her food, at a KFC!
    And she was a massive lady too, who was ordering one of those family feast combos - by the time she gets home with the food, would it have really mattered if the burger had existed in its complete form (on the warming tray) a minute longer? The fresher one that didn't even touch the warming tray probably got colder faster, and was less enjoyable when she got it home.

bowspearer Guest

One of my little inventions:

Chocolate trifle, with chocolate mousse, chocolate custard and jaffa mud pudding.

^^ somehow put that in an IV and get it into my veins! looks so good
    ~

... she was making a big fuss about how she was paying more for a "premium" burger, so wanted them to make her another one, because the first one had been sitting on the warming tray for a couple minutes (the burger was made first, but something else she ordered took a few minutes to be ready).
    Really.... she was being all snobbish about the quality of her food, at a KFC!
    Gosh, I go to fast food joints not for premium food but for fast service!

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    Stopped by Franklins today and picked up some tiny teddies. the cashier said to me "these aren't for you.. are they?" lol i dont see the big deal. its not my fault tiny teddies are delicious!
    I agree ... if asked, I say: "these are for me" when i buy TF toys too.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    I have become adddicted to Chickadees (3 packs in 2 weeks). It would be 25 years since I had some & they are as good as ever.

HECK YES! i got my first taste at my work mates engagement party FTW!

MOS Burger, part 2...

Christalcase and I went to MOS Burger last weekend, to test them out 'dine in' instead of 'take away', to see how they look and taste "fresh".
    The only MOS Burder in Australia is right next door to you mate ! It's pretty good in japan as well but the Aus Mos Wagyu beef is still my favourite.
    "I was expecting a giant car."

[COLOR="STUFF FOR SALE [/B][/COLOR]

Non-TF SALE

TRANSFORMERS SALE!

I saw the other day that Kellogs were downsizing a number of their cereal sizes by as much as 15-20%... and still being sold at about the same price. And woolies had 'New' shelf tags out for them, as if it was a new product, not a new (smaller) size.

A new limited-edition Twisties flavour is out - cheese & bacon. Not too bad, but not too exciting, as it is a flavour that has been available for ages in things like Cheetos.

Ate a packet of Kelloggs Apple Jacks cereal just now, they are pretty damn good. Like cheerios ,but flavoured with apple and cinnamon.