Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bushfires in NSW

It was quite different, as around 1 pm the sky went orange and it was like almost dusk time.... I smeeled the burning scent and knew there was a bushfire happening most likely somewhere. I was just coming home from night shift (and did a little bit of shopping stroll before going home ) and thought Id water the plants seeing that it was hot as but yeah seeing the surroundings in orange light rather than bright afternoon sun was a bit unsettling....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Hope he has insurance....

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Hope he has insurance....
    hope his insurance includes fire coverage from bushfires, coz some insurance are kinda specific when they have to pay... they'll go into the technicalities saying that your fire coverage does not include fires from this and this sources so it's not covered....but yeah, I do hope he's got proper insurance as well. That's just horrible losing everything like that.

We have a saying in Phils

"Manakawan ka na lang wag lang masunugan"... translated as

Better burglarized than a fire victim.

I guess it's a saying of a choice between which is a lesser evil , coz with burglary they may not take everything, you still have the house afterwards but with fire, EVERYTHING is just gone... though I wouldn't want any of the two... ever...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Smoke smell is in the air. A co-worker is staying home to see if his home will be affected.
    Hope not.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yeah, a really timely reminder to check your insurance. Never just assume you're covered for something. And even when they tell you you are covered in the event of X, ask them just what they define X as being.

For instance, your insurer may tell you you have flood coverage, but you'd be amazed at how different the definition of 'flood' is to the different insurers. It rarely matches what we would consider common sense.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

I really hope the media jumps on board the insurance companies trying tog et out of paying people like they did after the Queensland floods.

Had to cancel our excursion today, it was only to the Windsor area (Longneck Lagoon) but the fire danger was too great, not to mention the smoke and heat. Luckily we get to try and go again in 3 weeks time.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I remember with the Wollongong floods back many moons ago my brother and his girlfriend suffered damage to their unit and insurance wouldn't pay out as they were blurring the lines between flood and storms.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

The situation with the bushfires is absolutely terrible, no doubt, but I'm starting to wonder how much of the information we are seeing is media driven.

Case in point - today new.com.au are running with a headline "This is as bad as it gets" which is quoted from Shane Fitzsimmons. They would have you believe that this is in reference to the current situation when in fact he was quoted as having said this 5 days ago.

It's headlines like this that sell papers, online subscriptions, and get people watching the news.

The upside to this is that hopefully people will be overly cautious and leave the area if there is even the slight chance they could be in harms way.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Cannot believe they let that 11 year old without any puishment for lighting fires last week, and not just because of his rude gestures as he left the courthouse. He was identified as highly likely to reoffend.

Even a fake monitor bracelet to wear over summer so he thinks they know exactly where he is would have been better than nothing. Personally I think they should have all their possessions burnt infron of them.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

It rained in Beverly Hills last night. Anyone know if it fell anywhere else where it's more important?
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.