View Poll Results: Devastation game - how do you rate it?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

17 45.95%
  • Good

18 48.65%
  • Barely a pass

2 5.41%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME review - Devastation

I believe the lack of manuals these days is due to companies penny pinching under the guise of being "better for the environment".

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I believe the lack of manuals these days is due to companies penny pinching under the guise of being "better for the environment".
    Yep - I can't remember the last time I had a games manual for a newer game from the last 3 years. Mario Maker is the only exception but their ideas hardcover book is not exactly a manual although very nice.

Anyone know which version is best? As in PS4 vs XB1 or PS3 vs X360.

Screen tearing, Load times, etc.

I just realised...

The previous Transformers game made by Activision was Rise of the Dark Spark. At the end of the credits you see a G1 Optimus on Earth watching something fly across the sky. That must have been their little teaser that this game was in the works

About two thirds of the way through the game now. Just fought Shockwave. Considering all the other G1 voice actors they got in surprised that they didn't get his since he came back for Animated. Really enjoying the game, it's just like playing a lost episode of the G1 cartoon

I am also enjoying the game, I have just defeated Scrapper and Hook. I am enjoying every second of it...

So much better than rise of the dark spark

Quote Originally Posted by Super Nintendo View Post
    Anyone know which version is best? As in PS4 vs XB1 or PS3 vs X360.

Screen tearing, Load times, etc.
    多数のゲーム機で同じゲームを遊んだ経験がある人があんまりいないと思います。個人意見によるとプレステ3 版は丁度いいと思うけど、拙者は他のゲーム機が持っていないので、比較するための基準がありま せん。

先ず我らの豪州トラフォ研究掲示板にようこそ!(^^)
    Translation: I don't think that there would be too many people who've played this game across multiple consoles. I personally find the PS3 version to be fine, but of course I don't have any other consoles, so I have no basis of comparison. At any rate, welcome to our Australian TF board! (:

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    多数のゲーム機で同じゲームを遊んだ経験がある人があんまりいないと思います。個人意見によるとプレステ3 版は丁度いいと思うけど、拙者は他のゲーム機が持っていないので、比較するための基準がありま せん。

先ず我らの豪州トラフォ研究掲示板にようこそ!(^^)
    Translation: I don't think that there would be too many people who've played this game across multiple consoles. I personally find the PS3 version to be fine, but of course I don't have any other consoles, so I have no basis of comparison. At any rate, welcome to our Australian TF board! (:
    The answer is always PS4. Always

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    The answer is always PS4. Always
    If I were a more serious gamer perhaps. Before Devastation, the last game I bought was 3 years ago! Also the same time that I got my PS3, which gets used more often as a Blu Ray player. Yeah... I really don't game enough to justify buying another console. I much prefer playing with toys.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If I were a more serious gamer perhaps. Before Devastation, the last game I bought was 3 years ago! Also the same time that I got my PS3, which gets used more often as a Blu Ray player. Yeah... I really don't game enough to justify buying another console. I much prefer playing with toys.
    I don't even have a games console, and I'm a teenager! But yeah I prefer as my dad calls it 'pew-pew-ing'.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Thumbs up

Well I just finished the game on easy mode

You know what? I really like it! Sure, its no 'Fall of Cybertron' but that set the benchmark pretty damn high and if we had had no WFC or WFC I reckon the TF community would be appreciating this game a lot better.

This really feels to me like it could be some lost episodes out of Season 2. We have:

On the Autobot Side:
    Optimus Prime, Sideswipe , Wheeljack, Bumblebee, Grimlock

On the Decepticon Side:
    Megatron, Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Blitzwing, Shockwave, Soundwave, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy, Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel
    Long Haul, Scavenger, Scrapper, Mixmaster, Bonecrusher, Hook, Motormaster, Breakdown, Drag Strip, Wildrider, Dead End, Devastator, Menasor

Sure the Sunticon limb characters you dont see in their robot modes and you don't see Soundwave in his alt-mode and some characters like Megs and MMaster are in their CW forms but that's still a bloody good impressive line-up from Season 2!

Voices
    Megs, Optimus, Bbee, Grimlock & Soundwave all have their original voice actors 30 years later - freakin awesome!

Graphics

Not stelar and not the greatest amount of variety but with the exception of subtle changes to take into account CW it's very G1 cartoon accurate and it's not like the cartoon had the best animation either

Gameplay
    Yeah - it's a lot of hack & slash and combos. Not nearly as in-depth as FOC I'll grant you. But I didn't really want another FOC, I wanted something different and this fits the bill nicely as I haven't really played this sort of game before. I thought they did a very good job of putting transformation into the game both in use of travel and combat - I found myself transforming constantly throughout all of the levels for strategic purposes. THe only thing I found was that the ranged weapons packed a bit of punch and had very limited ammo - I only really used them when there were fliers I couldn't reach or to take out enemies like the exploding Bombshell drones.

Overall
    Good on'em for making this game I say! I love it and my son loves to watch me play it and even picks which character I will play each chapter for me. Yes a lot of hardcore gamers will find this game wanting and when you compare it to a lot of other games out there in terms of both visuals and breadth of scope they are right. But you know what - lighten the hell up! We just got a game thats a lot of fun (which games are SUPPOSED to be) and is closer to playing like you are in the old G1 cartoon more than anything we have ever experienced before. Just appreciate it for a bit of fun and nostalgia - it aint expensive and is a nice little diversion to play for an hour here and there.

A big thumbs up from Big Happy Trev!