Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JP TFPrime Wave 1 & Microns - Packaged pics

Default JP TFPrime Wave 1 & Microns - Packaged pics

As these have just arrived at Robotkingdom online store, they've posted up photos of each of the first wave (Optimus, Bbee, Cliff, Ratchet, Megatron, Skywarp) and should be shipping them out to those who pre-ordered them.

We get to see the final colours and packaging of the JP versions (only Optimus is in a window box), and see the Microns on their trees, plus the sticker sheets.

The Masterpiece Starscream has also been received and its box and HK coin have been photographed as well.

I don't think I've ever been as excited about upcoming Transformers as I am with the AM's. The only thing that has me worried is how the stickers lie on curved areas (Ratchet's chest area for example), I really hope they don't bunch up as I'd definitely have to get the airbrush out if that's the case. Will probably end up painting bits and pieces anyway, Ratchet's minicon would look a lot nicer in silver. Could do show accurate black chest windows too!

I'm excited too. I love the way that a new generation of Transformers fans will learn the joys and frustrations of stickers and sprues.

I just cancelled my pre orders.
    Not impressed at all! The days of stickers have passed. I loved them, and still do, on G1 figures, but on modern figures they just do not feel right to me.

So, am I the only person who look at Cliffjumper's micron and thinks how much cooler it'd be with a Warpath-esque head, and maybe some tank-tread-esque detailing on the arms?

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Not impressed at all! The days of stickers have passed. I loved them, and still do, on G1 figures, but on modern figures they just do not feel right to me.
    I agree. People usually go on (and on, and on) about how the Japanese toys are more geared towards the adult collectors when Hasbro's are geared towards kids. Next time someone says this, I point here to gimmicks aimed at kids.

I'll stick to Hasbro for the few TF:Prime toys I want.

It feels like they are overcompensating. We know these new toys are smaller than usual deluxes, so um, here's a minicon, and you can build it, and some stickers for you to apply, and lets hide them in boxes so you can't see the actual toy.

Apparently model kits are popular items in Japan (moreso than regular Transformers). I get the impression that the Japanese Transformers Prime toy line is Takara's attempt at cracking into that model kit market. The packaging, sprues, stickers and lack of paint are all signs of this. Takara hasn't lost the plot, they're simply adapting to current trends and staying relevant, and if that works in Japan, job done right?

really a let down that the figures have micron ports grafted all over them, I don't know if that was the only possible way, but I personally dislike this aesthetic as it takes away from the lines of the figure itself.

Maybe they could have added a few more holes ie; the front of ratchet or wheeljack.

What I do like is the microns (minicons) themselves, nice little guys they are. With any luck we will be able to purchase them in the same way as armada.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It feels like they are overcompensating. We know these new toys are smaller than usual deluxes, so um, here's a minicon, and you can build it, and some stickers for you to apply, and lets hide them in boxes so you can't see the actual toy.
    Do you think they have placed them in windowless boxes so peoples don't know just how small they are until they have bought them and got them home and yelled out 'RIP JOB' at the top of their lungs??

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I'm excited too. I love the way that a new generation of Transformers fans will learn the joys and frustrations of stickers and sprues.
    lol :P
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast