Thread: Malaysia collector selling his collection

Default Malaysia collector selling his collection

Claiming to have every Transformers toy from the 80s to now, in packaging, and only wanting RM100,000 (about AU$34,000)... that's suspiciously cheap.
    Several thousands of toys in what looks to be a sealed condition, for less than AU$10 each... something doesn't sound right.

I need to go to Malaysia & check this out for real.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Some of these guys do not really care what is worth and just want them out. To them, thats enough money. Not many Malaysians can afford it so I am not surprised about the price, he was being realistic and not what the current market is asking.

"When I checked on e-Bay, people are selling half of what I have for US$45,000 (RM163,070). So I don’t think RM100,000 is too much.

“I have been receiving some offers since.

“In fact, people have been commenting to say that the collection is worth much more than that” he says, adding that he has spent more than RM70,000 to put his collection together."

So there you go, is legit, I suggest you guys to look him out if you are serious.

Most of the '1980s stuff' they seem to have is reissues. I'm a bit suspicious about the seemingly perfect sealed G1s, such as Cyclonus and Scourge. Where are the rest of the toys?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I'd say a good chunk of the g1s are Chinese kos and reissues. No Japanese exclusives, so price makes sense.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

"He adds that some of his collections are original while some are re-issues."

Well "some", god knows what, up to you to make the trip.

Without more in-depth photos of the actual collection we're all just going to be speculating. Pity there aren't any floating around.

No way I would buy a collection like that sight unseen (not that I have the money to buy it ).

I'd also hate to see how much it would cost to ship it out of Malaysia...