Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 SDCC Transformer Sets

Default 2017 SDCC Transformer Sets

Sets for 2017 SDCC are popping up and some of them are looking pretty cool.

In particular, there is a Revolutionaries set based upon the IDW comics which has:

Transformers – Jetfire
    GI Joe – Roadblock
    MASK – Matt Tracker
    Action Man – Action Man
    Rom The Space Knight
    Rom – Dire Wraith
    Visionaries – Leoric
    Micronauts – Assorted Minis

Whilst the other two are older news, I will add them here for ease of reference:

The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime
    Primitive Skateboarding Optimus Prime and Shreddicus Maximus

That Revolutionaries set looks cool.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Holy shit I didn't even know MASK was back.

Matt Tracker. Have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Matt Tracker. Have I missed something?
    He's back and he's black

If that set had a new transformers mould, or at least an interesting repaint in it, I'd be very interested. or if it had no Jetfire and was half the price I'd still be pretty interested. It's an extremely cool idea.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

This boxset homages the current IDW universe, which has Tracker being black. If the boxset homaged the 1980s universe(s), the toy would be white... but some people on the foreign fansites have an issue with the colour change, as if this toy is "wrong". They are not noticing or caring that this toy is actually accurate to the IDW comic universe, and if they have a problem with the colour change, they should have made a fuss in the comic news or reviews topics.

Reboots often do that these days, because of the over-white, over-male representation (with maybe a token black guy at the back and a female who often needs rescuing) of 20th century comics, cartoons and their associated toys.
    As long as the story is good, and the character traits are the same or better), what difference does it make what colour or gender the main characters are (provided they don't make it a political issue or a plot device, which detracts from the integrity of the overall story arc).

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    If that set had a new transformers mould, or at least an interesting repaint in it, I'd be very interested. or if it had no Jetfire and was half the price I'd still be pretty interested. It's an extremely cool idea.
    I am not quite sold on Jetfire as the transformer in the group. I probably would have preferred Arcee or Soundwave but I am still going to try get the set as I loved the shared universe comics that IDW is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Jetfire doesn't appear to play a significant role in Revolutions, so I wonder why they have him included as the "Transformers representative".
    It would make more sense to have Thundercracker (the same base mould if they wanted a Leader sized jet) or even Optimus (since the other two SDCC sets have Optimus in them this year).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Jetfire doesn't appear to play a significant role in Revolutions, so I wonder why they have him included as the "Transformers representative".
    It would make more sense to have Thundercracker (the same base mould if they wanted a Leader sized jet) or even Optimus (since the other two SDCC sets have Optimus in them this year).
    You know, if it had been Thundercracker I probably would have bitten, especially if it came with a Buster.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)