Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FISHPOND.COM.AU

Default FISHPOND.COM.AU

It's very much like an "amazon" type site that boasts free shipping to Australians. The prices are very variable with a couple Generations voyagers at about $40, while rare deluxes can be about $60.

I bought Generations Voyager Sandstorm and Springer for a total of AUD$82.35 shipped.

Most their stock is coming from overseas (mostly USA), and my package took about a month to get to me. They actually shipped my order separately, which was weird. I got my Sandstorm yesterday and my Springer today, even though they were on the same order. The figures are in good shape, but I wouldn't recommend mint in box collectors use the service. My Sandstorm's display box had an impacted corner, which I assume is warehouse 'ware and tear'. I don't think it was water damaged.

They used fairly standard cardboard box for shipping, but very minimal impact protection in the form of scrunched-up paper.

They also have variable feedback ranging from amazing to terrible, but my personal feedback is they're pretty okay.

I'd say if you're looking for a bargain, they're worth checking every now and then.

Bargain?.....Fishpond?.....hahahaha
    Very overpriced on most items ...BUT... You can get some reasonably priced items every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Bargain?.....Fishpond?.....hahahaha
    Very overpriced on most items ...BUT... You can get some reasonably priced items every so often.
    Yea. Not many, but there's a bit there. Like This Transformers first movie voyager Thundercracker for $40
    http://www.fishpond.com.au/Toys/Tran.../0653569237679
    They also have the Skywarp and G1 Starscream repaint available

or Asia exclusive voyager Megatron for $46.50
    http://www.fishpond.com.au/Toys/Tran.../0653569788584

They also have some pretty cool stuff like Cybertron Galvatron and Vector Prime.

Again, not the greatest place, but worth checking out for those rare diamonds in the rough.

Wow there is some expensive items on there. $116 for Apex Amour Breakdown.

I bought that from Big W for $15

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Never had a good experience with Fishpond. Last time, they took an order for something they were never able to get (even though it was listed as "In stock"). Took forever to give me a refund.

bought nba jam for the ps3 from them a month or two ago and I just received it...EXCEPT it wasn't the version i ordered! I hope they don't take too long to reply.

You need to understand what Fishpond is - it's 'like' Amazon, where it hosts things from different sellers. Nothing will ever truly be in stock, because it's all independently shipped from 'suppliers'. And most of the time, the stuff there is trawled from international websites and sold at a slight profit. So the Thundercracker that Oberon Sexton thinks is supposedly reasonably-priced will be this one shipped to them from Amazon with a bunch of other stuff, and then sent out to you. Obviously that will take time, but if it is actually in stock at Amazon at that price it will eventually get to you. If it is out of stock at Amazon or will result in a loss for Fishpond, they will cancel your order. Likewise, the Sandstorm and Springer were almost certainly these ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    You need to understand what Fishpond is - it's 'like' Amazon, where it hosts things from different sellers. Nothing will ever truly be in stock, because it's all independently shipped from 'suppliers'. And most of the time, the stuff there is trawled from international websites and sold at a slight profit. So the Thundercracker that Oberon Sexton thinks is supposedly reasonably-priced will be this one shipped to them from Amazon with a bunch of other stuff, and then sent out to you. Obviously that will take time, but if it is actually in stock at Amazon at that price it will eventually get to you. If it is out of stock at Amazon or will result in a loss for Fishpond, they will cancel your order. Likewise, the Sandstorm and Springer were almost certainly these ones.
    ^^ Very important information. Consider me educated. lol. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Every few years someone pops up on here talking about Fishpond, i feel like this response should be stickied or something! Not only what you said, but after they cancel something they can't source, the product is half the time still available to 'order' on their site. When that happens they take forever to give refunds as well.

By the sound of it all, I'm just happy I wasn't shafted with my order like you guys explained.