Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ebay seller: Thegamedungeon/thepaperrun/spiritriver78 BEWARE

The issue was not only delayed dispatch times, it was the lack of communication. Before I paid him, he was very prompt in responding to every message. When I got no notification on Monday, I messaged him a few times through different channels... no reply. My immediate thought was that I had been scammed, and I wasn't even sure if PayPal would cover me. Filing a dispute would just mean I could at least get some communication with him. All I wanted was some reassurance that the items will be shipped when he said they would be. I would have waited longer had it been done on eBay, but I just wasn't sure if I was covered by PayPal alone.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    On the one hand if he said he would dispatch the figures Monday he should have done so. I've had folk both on eBay and on here string me along for a month saying they would post something and keeping pushing the date back, it can be a pain in the butt. People should back up what they say with the appropriate actions.

On the other hand, if he said he would post on Monday and it was only Tuesday that is really jumping the gun to start a Paypal dispute. I would have at least given it a week bare minimum and a few chances for him to respond to messages. People do get caught up in unforeseen circumstances that don't always allow them to get to the post office.

I'd just go through the proper ebay channels from now on to avoid this kind of problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    So you filed a dispute through paypal? It wasn't an ebay transaction, so ebay wasn't involved? Just reading your story it looks like you filed a dispute a bit to early, should of given the seller another day or two. The dispute probably caused the seller to then panic, and unfortunately it all developed into a negative reaction. Filing a dispute should always be a last resort. I understand the want for protection, but it can turn things sour.

I have had one dispute directed at me on ebay. I was pretty annoyed there was no contact beforehand to even let me know there was a problem. In the end it worked out but the seller wont be getting business from me ever again.
    It wasn't done lightly. I messaged him saying that all I needed was a reply and an update on when the items would be shipped. I just needed to know I wasn't being scammed. I even gave him a warning that I would have to file a dispute if I don't hear from him. I just wanted to have our conversations recorded in the resolution centre so I could protect myself if he decided to start lying about the transaction details.

The fact remains you escalated it to paypal very quickly for something outside of ebay. Those actions alone scream scammer to any seller.

This situation reminds me of a buyer who left me negative feedback simply because I said I would post an item on Wednesday instead of Tuesday and he totally freaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydarth View Post
    The issue was not only delayed dispatch times, it was the lack of communication. Before I paid him, he was very prompt in responding to every message. When I got no notification on Monday, I messaged him a few times through different channels... no reply.
    What are you expecting communication wise? He didn't reply for two or three days, so what? You had probably already pissed him off. Please don't tell us you called or sent a text to this guy.

No offence but with some more patience on your side and less raging it sounds like this could have been avoided.

Im sorry but as a buyer and as a seller. I think you totally jumped the gun with this. Sellers have lives and even jobs that can get in the way. Life happens. Also do you realize how much of a pain it is splitting up a auction? Of course he would ask it to be done that way with payment. Or he would have had to do what? Create a new auction with buy it now just for you? I have done that and its a pain in the butt. He could send you a paypal invoice. That works. Then after that he has to change the old listing removing the items that you wanted.

yes I believe he was trying to help you. And trying to make money. Thats why we sell. The need to sell sell sell so we can make as much as we can....and to cover the HUGE ebay and paypal fees.

But this is just my point of view. I may be totally wrong on this and your sellers motives. Hope it all works out for you both.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    The fact remains you escalated it to paypal very quickly for something outside of ebay. Those actions alone scream scammer to any seller.

This situation reminds me of a buyer who left me negative feedback simply because I said I would post an item on Wednesday instead of Tuesday and he totally freaked out.

What are you expecting communication wise? He didn't reply for two or three days, so what? You had probably already pissed him off. Please don't tell us you called or sent a text to this guy.

No offence but with some more patience on your side and less raging it sounds like this could have been avoided.
    Look if he had just informed me exactly what he was doing I would've been happy. I don't mind people posting things out a little later as long as they keep to their word. When someone promises to dispatch at a specific time then continues to push it back - that screams scammer to me.

Communication wise, I expect a little courtesy note just to say he couldn't post it out as promised on Monday. That's all I needed. It's a matter of keeping to ones word and informing others if you can't keep to it.

How was his ebay feedback? Read thru everything - some have positive but there are those who would leave negative feedback. How long has he been on ebay?

Although I agree that it was quick to file the dispute. I think this is more of inexperience with dealing with someone new.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Im sorry but as a buyer and as a seller. I think you totally jumped the gun with this. Sellers have lives and even jobs that can get in the way. Life happens. Also do you realize how much of a pain it is splitting up a auction? Of course he would ask it to be done that way with payment. Or he would have had to do what? Create a new auction with buy it now just for you? I have done that and its a pain in the butt. He could send you a paypal invoice. That works. Then after that he has to change the old listing removing the items that you wanted.

yes I believe he was trying to help you. And trying to make money. Thats why we sell. The need to sell sell sell so we can make as much as we can....and to cover the HUGE ebay and paypal fees.

But this is just my point of view. I may be totally wrong on this and your sellers motives. Hope it all works out for you both.
    Well maybe I've just got too high an expectation from sellers. I'm a seller too, and always try to dispatch the next day and keep the buyer informed. Just expected the same from others.
    Just my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    How was his ebay feedback? Read thru everything - some have positive but there are those who would leave negative feedback. How long has he been on ebay?

Although I agree that it was quick to file the dispute. I think this is more of inexperience with dealing with someone new.
    316 with 2 negs and 3 neutrals in last 12 months.

Well it seems that general consensus is that I jumped the gun on filing the dispute. Maybe i did panic and filed too quickly. Can one of the mods please change the title to "recent eBay experience" ?

I'll wait for the package to come then if all is good send him little more money for his troubles.
    Last edited by Dinkydarth; 7th March 2015 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydarth View Post
    316 with 2 negs and 3 neutrals in last 12 months.
    Did those negs/neutral comment about his shipping delays/lack of communication?