View Poll Results: Combiner Wars Scattershot - worth getting?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • The leader of the Technobots? Hells yeah!

4 28.57%
  • Only if cheap

5 35.71%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

0 0%
  • Without the other Techies, he is nothing

5 35.71%

Thread: Toy Review - CW Scattershot

Default Toy Review - CW Scattershot

SCATTERSHOT
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco – Remould of Silverbolt
    Wave – Wave 5
    Released here - not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $45
    Approximate Size – 18cm
    Allegiance – Autobot (Technobot)
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Space Cruiser
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Can become a gestalt torso
    Main Colours – Red/White
    Main Accessories – Gun/Shield

Robot Mode
    The mode he is most recognizable as Scattrrshot in. Good proportions and articulation. His colour scheme is far more reminiscent of the Technobot Lightspeed than it is of Scattershot and could have used some more brown. Also it is a bit lazy they didn’t tint his visor at least a slightly different blue to the rest of his face – it just looks like one blue blur.

Cybertronian Space Cruiser
    Well the original Scattershot figure looked like a Cybertronian Space Cruiser – bristling with gun ports and the like. This looks like a flat square with a big gun sticking out the front. They’ve tried to make it futuristic looking by the gaps in the jet wings but all that does is let you see the big square underneath better. At least they made his tailfin a gun sorta like the original toy.

Transformation
    Same as Silverbolt and Cyclonus – you wont bust a gasket figuring this out.

Overall
    The G1 Scattershot is probably my favorite Scramble-City’esque figure just because he looked so great in all modes and had (for its day) a really neat transformation. This just doesn’t measure up in any way whatsoever. From the colour scheme to the transformation to the crappy alt-mode to no cannon-emplacement third mode it’s just a phone-in (I wont even bother talking about his combined mode – it just looks like Superion recoloured which is exactly what it is and without the rest of the Technobots who besides kids is gonna bother anyway) . I’m amazed that 28 years after the original toy that they’ve made something worse instead of better.

I’d say get this figure if – like me – you want to get a CHUG version of as many different G1 characters as you can. If not, then go by 1987 Scattershot, not this one.

HAd to get this guy to get Onslaught from PC, otherwise might have skipped.

Alt mode is pretty cool in concept, it's like they took Silverbolt and turned him into space battlecruiser.

In practice... still prefer the other uses of the mould.

Bot mode looks a little unfinished, I agree with you on needing another colour there somewhere, and especially on his face. Half-assed job here.

The knees on my version seem looser than Cyclo/bolt as well.

This toy turned out better than I expected, so I'm actually reasonably impressed. I think that they've done a fair job in retooling Silverbolt to make him look like Scattershot. IMO it works better as Scattershot than as Cyclonus. Makes more sense too. The robot body still exudes Silverbolt, but the paint job works well in attempting to mute those sculpted details. This is something that I wish that they'd done better in some parts of Onslaught. The redeco in jet mode doesn't work quite as well as it does in robot mode, but overall this toy is a nice attempt given what they had to work with. It's also great to see that Hasbro have reacquired the rights to the "Scattershot" name. I'm so, so glad about this.

I find CW Scattershot to be quite adequate. I just hope that they make the rest of the Technobots.
    Recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This toy turned out better than I expected, so I'm actually reasonably impressed. I think that they've done a fair job in retooling Silverbolt to make him look like Scattershot. IMO it works better as Scattershot than as Cyclonus. Makes more sense too. The robot body still exudes Silverbolt, but the paint job works well in attempting to mute those sculpted details. This is something that I wish that they'd done better in some parts of Onslaught. The redeco in jet mode doesn't work quite as well as it does in robot mode, but overall this toy is a nice attempt given what they had to work with. It's also great to see that Hasbro have reacquired the rights to the "Scattershot" name. I'm so, so glad about this.

I find CW Scattershot to be quite adequate. I just hope that they make the rest of the Technobots.
    Recommended.
    Phew. I thought I was the only one who liked Scattershot.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

What a weird looking alt. mode and that is why I'm impressed.