View Poll Results: GEN TR Highbrow - worth buying?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 61.11%
  • Only if...

5 27.78%
  • No

1 5.56%
  • Not interested in it

1 5.56%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Highbrow

As a stand alone I find Highbrow to be OK but put him up against the work of genius that is Animated Megatron (leader class) and Highbrow is less than OK. As mentioned earlier, Highbrow's propeller blades cannot spin without hitting each other, the same cannot be said of Animated Megatron due to their synchronicity. Furthermore, the guns of Highbrow have landing gear. So does Megatron's cannon and better yet the wheels move.

Even if Highbrow was made into a leader class figure it would still fall short of the high standard set by Animated Megatron which is how a twin blade attack copter should be.

Bear in mind that you are comparing a $100 Leader Class figure against a $25 Deluxe, and also bear in mind that Deluxe Class Animated Megatron is a crap figure.

When it comes to the helicopter blades it would be better to compare Searchlight (PCC) with Highbrow because Searchlight has removable and therefore adjustable blades. So as a result they don't get in each others way.

Oh yeah, the clashing blades thing is bad for a modern toy. And the bobble head bugs me to no end. Highbrow's not a perfect toy, don't get me wrong, but aside from these two flaws I find the rest of the figure to be pretty solid. Whereas I find PCC Searchlight to be, on the whole, a fairly mediocre figure, and Deluxe Animated Megatron to just be incredibly underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Oh yeah, the clashing blades thing is bad for a modern toy. And the bobble head bugs me to no end. Highbrow's not a perfect toy, don't get me wrong, but aside from these two flaws I find the rest of the figure to be pretty solid. Whereas I find PCC Searchlight to be, on the whole, a fairly mediocre figure, and Deluxe Animated Megatron to just be incredibly underwhelming.
    I never said PCC Searchlight is overall better than Highbrow. Only the blades. As for Deluxe Animated Megatron, that's your obsession not mine.

the blades clashing is only really an issue for the toy in a 'play ' sense. A normal chopper that had a design requirement for the blades to be that close would have gearing between the two to ensure they were always split evenly out of sync with each other. obviously this is a mechanism that can't be included in a $25 toy.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Recieved my Highbrow today, its the TT version. The colours are fantastic (really great paint to plastic match going on) and I really dig the chopper mode. The robot mode is pretty cool too. Yes, the blades are a tad annoying, but not a bot killer by any means.

Takara Tomy's has the bobble head shenanigans going on as well. I'm surprised at how bad it actually is... Mine goes as far as having trouble keeping his head on the body.... Also after putting a head ion his chest, Little Highbrows face is so gloriously painted silver, his little face is quite noticeable in the neck.

Buut, if you put it in correctly its better... D'oh Still bad case of bobblehead. But it does have a better connection and isn't so prone to popping out. Boy do I feel stupid.....

I like his twin gun action and the way you can sstore them on his back. V Cool

His Drone partner, Cargo is a little car(boat? Hovercar, its just listed as a "Vehicle") for the HM to run around in, it looks cool and sporty, and transforme into a gun battery mode. Meh, it's ok I guess. From the front it looks like those screaming aliens from seasame street. As a weapon it looks like crap.

Comic is amusing, It seems that Wierdwolf has become the favoutite bad guy of the comic and its building up to something, featuring, Zodiac power!!

Seeing all the small headmasters have little details added to them in the comic, (Highbrow wears a motarbiard hat, Fortress wears a captains hat, Hardhead and CD a tie etc), I want some tiny little ties and stuff for them

Summary:
    Not too shabby, simple transformation, annoying bobble head, but if put in properly isn't a deal breaker. By far the biggest flaw is the blade on the back of his arms as they have so much to knock against. Like his healicopter cockpit, body and even head depending on the pose.

A shame that TakaraTOMY didn't correct the bobblehead issue. I would've considered buying one if they had.

My video review of TR Highbrow - I feel for this character given how little love/attention he seems to get... sadly he is also probably the weakest of the Autobot TR Headmasters, at least IMO:

Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!