Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HasCon Transformers Panel and Display Cases

Looking at those technical drawings of Optimus Primal, I reckon there's a possibility of a solo deluxe version

I have to say I am liking that Optimus Prime more than I anticipated. It looks very much like MP levels of detail
    Also interested in the dinobots!

A lot more photos of the Volcanicus combiner.

And official character art of the toys revealed on Friday - Dinobots, and Optimus & Micronus.

Volcanicus looks pretty ridiculously proportioned but I still have to get it because Dinobots.

Look forward to seeing any mods that come out that give it better proportions.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is it me or are the Cons looking really outnumbered next year? With Starscream not getting his own limbs that leave the Cons a set of Deluxes short.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Is it me or are the Cons looking really outnumbered next year? With Starscream not getting his own limbs that leave the Cons a set of Deluxes short.
    I agree that it looks that way. There is some solace in that if you look back at the leaks then we know Abominus is coming too. Blackwing and Dreadwind also have connector ports so perhaps they will bring out another 2 deluxes that are by themselves and can be used with Starscream.

It was nice to see a full set of dinobots again. Edit: I guess the combiner gimmick explains why Grimlock has such a gimped tail.

I'm surprised they're still calling the line "generations". I thought they dropped that for CW and TR.

So we're expecting Abominus and Predaking in PotP (do we shorten it to PotP or just PP?)
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yes... I miss BotCon. Rant over...
    With Hascon also covering MLP and M:TG as well as being pitched as an all ages fan-mily event, I think they cast the net a bit too wide. I think this first Hascon was just testing the waters, seeing what parts were popular. Next year will be a little more focused. Or it could become a mega-con separated into quadrants/precincts for the major properties.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I just can't see it growing if it stays in Rhode Island. It isn't central or in a populated area/state, and isn't easy to get to, even for Americans. The major Conventions in America are in major cities that have a lot of transport options and a large walk-in population.... and give visitors other things to do if they are there for any extra days. It's one reason BotCon did Pasadena so often, as there was a big local population and LA has a major domestic and international airport. None of which Rhode Island has... but Hasbro is there, so they won't travel far to do a HasCon.

It's a great idea for nurturing and growing their smaller brands by exposing fans of their popular brands to them, but it shouldn't be at the expense of their dedicated fans and conventions. I believe it was their close relationship with that dedicated fandom through BotCon over the years that made it possible for the billion dollar franchise to exist at the moment.

With the Dinobots, I'm not likely to combine them, but they look good though even with some compromises for the gimmick (although I kinda wish they'd gone with Titan Masters and given them Diaclone style cockpits).

The leader class toys, I dunno...

Optimus Prime looks great from the front sure, but all the grey when you look at him from the side ain't great, and in truck mode there's a whole lot of folded up Orion Pax that they don't make much effort to hide. I am going to pass on him.

https://twitter.com/FakeEyes22/statu...36526616006656

Rodimus Prime on the other hand looks pretty great, the deluxe Hot Rod component also looks like a great Hot Rod action figure.

https://twitter.com/Unicron_News/sta...44582813921285

But in Truck mode, which fair enough is an angle you're not going to see that often, there's minimal disguise! Still want this one though.

https://twitter.com/FakeEyes22/statu...29968880758784

And for Optimus Primal? Optimal Optimus looks great but the "Optimus Primal" part of it scores a must try harder from me.