Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: POTP toys already out in America

As we wait patiently for the POTP toys to show up in Australia (hopefully any day now), the Voyager Starscream has already undergone a running change, with a remoulded part on the back of the robot mode, that allows the wing kibble to plug in further, making the kibble backpack more stable.

For those who know where to look on the box for the production number, the new run of Starscreams have the number 73101. (but since the first wave of POTP stock has been in Australia for some time now, that newer number might not show up here until a little later).

I just got my Starscream yesterday from Amazon America, and it was the earlier production run, and I can see how this remould improves the back kibble a lot. Without the remould, the top tab just doesn't reach the hole to plug in properly, or at all sometimes.

America sometimes get things first, before even Asia... and this time it is wave 2 of the POTP toyline, with Rodimus Unicronus (the black redeco Leader Rodimus), being found at a Walmart in Kansas.
    The first wave of Leaders haven't even filtered through to most parts of the country, and wave 2 appears.
    It was probably accidentally sent from the factory with a shipment of wave 1 Leaders, like the wave 2 Legends toys that showed up in Singapore a few weeks ago... because this toyline is supposed to be spaced out, with the four waves over the whole year, which should see about 3 months between each wave.

As people are noting, the purple (Shattered Glass) Autobot logo from the promotional images, has been replaced with a Decepticon symbol (which would be more for the benefit of the general public).

Now the UK has gotten in on the action, with wave 2 Legends in stores over there (the ones that showed up in Singapore last month, just 10 days after our Product reveal in Sydney... which we were told that Hasbro America wanted to officially reveal them at the New York Toyfair in mid February).

Wave 2 Deluxes are now out in Singapore.... while we are still waiting for wave 1 to appear at most stores here.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    There's now a page up on TFWiki with the known combinations and their flavor text.
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Prime_Master/Combinations
    Personally I dont really care about this gimmick with the cards, sure it might be cool to have all 12 of one characters power ups but worth buying the same character 12 times cool? Nah.
    Worse than that they are (i am guessing) randomly packed, so even if you get 12 you might not get them all...
    unless someone aranges a online trading system.

With the deluxes at least you can see which card you're getting, so if you buy in person rather than online, you could achieve it.

Problem there is you have to go to another store if the same item have the same card. That is as long as the card is not the same as what you already have so it would be similer if you brought it blindly from the internet

I must say... I really like the way that homages the original Hungrrr toy, in all three modes. Sure, there are some kibble issues, but the compromises to get three modes that reflect that 1980s toy so well, is a great effort from the designers.

Which means that the wave 2 Voyagers, Legends and Prime Masters are also now out at American retail.
    America is just missing the Deluxe toys of wave 2, but it does mean that all of wave 2 is now released in America or Asia. (and could show up here... if stores weren't so slow stocking wave 1, as it will take longer to use up the first shipment of stock to the Hasbro warehouse)

(again.... so much for Hasbro America wanting to keep the wave 2 Legends secret for New York Toyfair, which is still a week away)

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (again.... so much for Hasbro America wanting to keep the wave 2 Legends secret for New York Toyfair, which is still a week away)
    You don't sound the slightest annoyed at all. Not one bit.