From the article in Gok's posting...

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Asked about the Christmas episode and the regeneration of Doctor Who, Moffat confirmed Matt was the 13th Doctor and told the Mirror: "The 12 regenerations limit is a central part of Doctor Who mythology - science fiction is all about rules, you can't just casually break them.
If this is a warning of the next episode, Moffatt has now suddenly retconned the order again. If Tennant used up two regenerations, why not make mention of it before now... unless that's the point - The Doctor thought he had a life left, so didn't panick about it yet.

Still, if that other Tennant "regeneration" was something he knew was a regeneration, why keep it from the fans for the last three years?

Retconning the order twice in one year, to shuffle Smith from 11 to 13, is a bit much.

Since he wrote it into the most recent episode that Capaldi was number 13, it shows that Moffatt has only JUST retconned it for the next episode... contradicting his own work in the last episode.
If he is now making Capaldi as number 14, he missed the opportunity of the Valeyard story between the 12 & 13th Doctors.

Waitasec... I just looked at the dates of the two articles - 24th & 25th. So in the space of a day, after fan feedback/reactions to "Day of the Doctor" he changed his mind about the numbering.

On the 24th Moffatt said...

‘If you worry about such things, and I do, then I specifically said John Hurt’s Doctor doesn’t use the title. [Matt Smith's Doctor] is in his 12th body
On the 25th Moffatt said...

Asked about the Christmas episode and the regeneration of Doctor Who, Moffat confirmed Matt was the 13th Doctor and told the Mirror: "The 12 regenerations limit is a central part of Doctor Who mythology - science fiction is all about rules, you can't just casually break them.
"So if the Doctor can never change again, what's Peter Capaldi doing in the Christmas special?"