View Poll Results: What colours are YOUR Frenzy and Rumble?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frenzy is Red, Rumble is Blue

17 36.17%
  • Rumble is Red, Frenzy is Blue

19 40.43%
  • I don't care

11 23.40%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What colours are Frenzy and Rumble (FIRRIB?)

Default What colours are Frenzy and Rumble (FIRRIB?)

Just wanted to see who Do you call Frenzy and Rumble as there are valid arguments for both.

An acronym sometimes bandied about by fans, FIRRIB means "Frenzy is red, Rumble is blue". The phrase originated on alt.toys.transformers circa 1994, essentially as a (largely joking) rallying cry for those who favored the original cartoon over various other media portrayals of the Transformers. In time, the counterpoint FIBRIR emerged, standing for "Frenzy is blue, Rumble is red". The forms RIBFIR and RIRFIB are also known.

The debate revolves around the colors of the Decepticon Mini-Cassettes, Rumble and Frenzy. It was Hasbro's intent that Rumble be black and red, and Frenzy be two shades of blue. These color schemes are used in the toyline, Marvel Comics and many storybooks and ancillary media from the early years of Generation 1, and naturally, it was intended for the cartoon series to render the characters in this manner as well (as proven by the show's production bible, which identifies Rumble as the "red robot"). However, as a result of some unspecified error somewhere in production, the two robots had their color schemes swapped, leaving the animated incarnation of Rumble blue, and Frenzy red.

Due to the widespread recognition the cartoon received, the concept of Rumble as the blue robot was ingrained into the minds of many viewers. As such, years later, fans would argue vehemently (though often tongue-in-cheek) over which coloration was "correct", based mainly on their personal preference for the cartoon or comic.

The FIRRIB movement was codified by a cartoon fan named Scott Wells in 1994, who coined the acronym FIRRIB. The FIRRIB idea quickly caught on with other cartoon fans on alt.toys.transformers, frequently appearing in signature files; its counterpoint, the comic- and toy-based FIBRIR, soon appeared as well. After endless discussion threads fueled by little more than personal preference, the subject eventually landed in the group's FAQ file as a do-not-ask question.

The Japanese dub of the Generation 1 cartoon rectified the error, making the animation match the toys by simply switching the characters' names around.
    As later incarnations of the characters draw on both the cartoon and toys as influences, the waters have become muddier still:
    Attachment 3738

Taken from TFWIKI
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Though this will probably fall into the irresolvable category, have you thought about applying a Poll to this thread dude?

*Edit: You just did.

I grew up with the cartoon so Rumble will always be blue. However I've learned to reconcile that his toy is red.
    What about a Frenzy is Grey option?

Same - I grew up with the cartoon so rumble will be blue/purple. Only found out when I started to collect the toys(2 1/2 years ago) they were around the other way.

Can and worms come to mind for some reason.

RIRFIB. I base it from the toy, the toons are full of innaccuracies anyhow. hhehehe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

One's red and one's blue... makes no difference which is which IMO

Um, obviously the red one was called Rumble after Soundwave partook in the annual San Francisco Rhubarb Crumble eating competition of 1984. He liked this famous dessert so much he coloured his son red and black (he preferred a very well done crumble) and chose to call him 'Rumble, an abbreviation of his favourite treat.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    One's red and one's blue... makes no difference which is which IMO
    thats sounds right to me

but to me rumble is the blue cause i grew up watching the cartoons

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    RIRFIB. I base it from the toy, the toons are full of innaccuracies anyhow. hhehehe
    +1
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime