Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5565707172737475

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    So they asked for the permit. Which do you have, the permit to import or the permit to own a replica? What would have happened if you couldn’t provide the necessary paperwork?
    As is free in WA is not a good excuse not to apply for it. Mine expired in December and I re apply.

Custom actually called the phone on my parcel and asked about the item.
    It was held in Melbourne not Perth.

I was actually unlucky as my permit was not in hand yet. But I gladly told them I can forward my email that I have applied from the WA police department with the form application and the dated time of email. Gave them the email and they release it to continue to Perth .

When it did reach Perth I actually got the permit following day but it was no longer needed as they checked with the WA police.

Had the item misb not open but can see the parcel box stated it cleared custom.

My application now last till July 2019 and after I need to apply again if I want to buy another Megatron.
    Last edited by drifand; 24th January 2019 at 11:04 AM.

Here you go...

...and done

Hope you get a laugh out of this one Trev.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Hope you get a laugh out of this one Trev.

Bwah hahaha! Nicely done

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Here you go...

...and done
    All jokes aside, I like this chart, very straight forward. When they eventually release yet another MP Megatron (we know they will ) I'll refer to it rather than get involved with the conversations

Anyway, I've obviously voiced my opinion regarding the whole affair plenty of times now so no more from me regarding the issue

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I actually am surprised the amount of tf collectors I know in WA don’t bother to apply for it as they think you don’t need to.
    Is not my position to comment on the matter but I said it before it is free to apply online in WA and takes 5 minutes.

This thread reminded me how much of a backward state NSW & to a degree the country is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    This thread reminded me how much of a backward state NSW & to a degree the country is.
    Agreed.

Zero apologies for passing on information that was given direct from the authorities, in my case WA Police. And I hope Griff and other board members feel the same.

Most of the discussion in the gunformers thread was about whether MP-36 was considered a replica weapon, and the legalities of owning one. The inconsistencies between different jurisdictions doesn’t help but the discussions was far from scare mongering or worry-inducing . Any OTT comments about Police doing searches of your home were shot down pretty quickly.

The advice regarding customs forms came direct from the authorities. The fact that we have customs…
    1. Not opening packages.
    2. Opening packages and not doing anything
    3. Opening packages and asking for permits
    …is a reflection on customs not knowing what the hell they’re doing, rather than a problem with the advice given.

Advice was given based on past experience and its a bit rich to say it was all an overreaction with the benefit of hindsight.

I ended up stopping contributing to the gunformers thread as it was clear the questions were getting repetitive when there is more than enough information available. I’m going to jump in early and say that when Megatron 3.0 is announced, do your own research and do whatever floats your boat.

Peace out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Don’t get me started on another of my hobbies (Gel ball blasters) where the legality is being debated and more inconsistency from customs in how they handle imports.
    Last edited by Ralph Wiggum; 24th January 2019 at 05:01 PM.