Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New IDW Transformers comics in 2019

Default New IDW Transformers comics in 2019

And no surprise it's a tie in to the War for Cybertron: Seige toyline

IDW Publishing proudly announces that a brand-new Transformers series will debut in March 2019 that will explore the very moment when a glorious, peaceful Cybertron begins its downward spiral into chaos.

Available twice monthly, IDW’s Transformers comic will be written by Brian Ruckley, author of the Godless World fantasy trilogy, and illustrated by Angel Hernandez (Star Trek: Discovery – Succession) and Ron Joseph (Micronauts: Wrath of Karza).

In this new Transformers comic, IDW will explore Cybertron, delving into an idyllic society, peaceful for thousands of years, as it faces the most momentous event in its history: the mysterious end of a single life. Through the eyes of young Bumblebee and his friends, fans will witness conspiracies forming, harmony giving way to conflict, and the very fabric of Cybertronian civilization tearing itself apart.
    Source: IDW website

So set on Cybertron at the start of the war, featuring all the favourite characters who have toys in the War for Cybertron: Seige line*.

*plus Windblade to annoy Griffin

Bi monthly.... yeah right!

Will this be the start of the new series or purely a toy tie in mini series style thing? Nice to see them starting in the past instead of on earth.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

They are spruiking it like it's the new generation/universe of ongoing TF comics... but it could be something more short-lived; like how IDW put out Animated and RID comics for a short run.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Bi monthly.... yeah right!

Will this be the start of the new series or purely a toy tie in mini series style thing? Nice to see them starting in the past instead of on earth.
    If they've been working on it long enough then yeah they could do it, just rotate the art staff, Andrew Griffiths has said on twitter that he's involved in some fashion.

Just to be clear, this is a new continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just to be clear, this is a new continuity?
    Yes, fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    If they've been working on it long enough then yeah they could do it, just rotate the art staff, Andrew Griffiths has said on twitter that he's involved in some fashion.
    He wasn’t listed on the creative team, but perhaps this is only the creative team for issue one.

Time will tell if this series is able to grab from the first issue like infiltration 0 did. I hope it does but the comic industry isn’t exactly the strongest it has ever been.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    And no surprise it's a tie in to the War for Cybertron: Seige toyline

So set on Cybertron at the start of the war, featuring all the favourite characters who have toys in the War for Cybertron: Seige line*.

Same old crew eh? Yawn, wake me when they get to rebooting Beast Wars.

He’s not the only one, I’m so over Windblade. Let another Femmebot take centre stage for a while. If using the new toy line for inspiration, wonder if we will get to see more of Greenlight.

Can’t say I like the art style much. The robots don’t look great and Luna 1 looks like one of those old leather medicine balls.

Still, I’ve always loved stories set in Cybertrons past so that’s cool. I’d like them to go back even further at some stage and do comics based on the first 13 Primes -really flesh that stage of history out. The way IDW messed with that era with the whole Shockwave thing really annoyed me so I’d like to see it done right. Something along the lines of The Covenant of Primus.