Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New War for Cybertron cartoon for Netflix in 2020

So little has been revealed so far, so if we keep going off topic, I'll have to close this topic until we get more actual news to discuss.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I will remain cautiously optimistic as to what this series will be. I'm hoping that it's got a great narrative utilising some of the lesser characters from G1 and just using the Siege name for cross promotion.

That said, since the Siege name is in there, I'm hoping to see Flywheels take centre stage... man that would be cool.
    I'm adding to my lists of hopes... That is that of a large roster. I'm so sick of 5 Autobots vs 5 Decepticons and a whole bunch of drones.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Gotta be honest, if the animation style is similar to what was done with Gen-Lock, I'm not going to be a fan of it.
    Yeah no thanks. That animation is terrible. It'd be nice if it was 2D but I doubt it.

I'll absolutely give it a go, just like I've given every series a go. That said, nothing has been good (in my opinion) since TF:Animated.

Yay, just tried to watch Cybertron/Galaxy Force with the kids.....
    What was I thinking......

The writer for the new WFC cartoon on Netflix (Brandon Easton) was at TFCon on the weekend, and revealed some details for the new cartoon...

• Season 1 will consist of 6 episodes.
    • Each episode will have a running time of 22 minutes.
    • Brandon Easton has written over half the season.
    • The series will be directed at older fans of the franchise, and will be very dark in tone.
    • The story will feature lasting effects on canon.
    • Animation is taking inspiration from the hit Netflix show Knights Of Sidonia (also from the same animation studio; Polygon Pictures).
    • The show will keep characters true to themselves and G1 fans will not be disappointed.
    • Mr. Easton believes that War For Cybertron will become the next definitive iteration for the franchise.

That all sounds very promising- looking forward to it

So it's basically a G1 sausage fest? I'm out.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    So it's basically a G1 sausage fest? I'm out.
    + Windblade.

Animation is taking inspiration from the hit Netflix show Knights Of Sidonia (also from the same animation studio; Polygon Pictures)
    Oh this is sad. The animation in that show was abominable.

Maybe the AEC fans will be happy?

22 minute episodes is what interests me. Clear change of direction from the terrible terrible show that was does by Machinima. It is also promising that it is directed towards older fans which hopefully means a more in depth look into the characters. Seems promising to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    22 minute episodes is what interests me. Clear change of direction from the terrible terrible show that was does by Machinima. It is also promising that it is directed towards older fans which hopefully means a more in depth look into the characters. Seems promising to me.
    With the stuff we’ve heard so far, I really hope it ends up being like a lot of the DC animated movies they put out every year, or like a lot of Netflix adaptations that blend mature themes and the feel of the original.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Indeed.
    Machinima didn't do it for me... it lacked depth.
    It did reach out to the kids though... my boys absolutely loved it and have started wanting my bots - a good thing.
    I'm looking forward to this one.