Page 9 of 154 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

that's very nice, Fungal. Supernova does look very awesome. I have to get around chasing one.

Piratescratch, u missed the sale! I wanted to grab that same Agents set too yesterday but figured it won't be disappearing from the shelves any time soon and I have a few other priorites atm. That Agent sets has that nice looking "crystal case" I want. I'm not sure about the build on the set though.

Oh! Another question I have is why do the Agents sets seem so pricey. For instance, Mission 4 have 340 pieces but clocks in at $55 and Mission 5 is at $85 for 498 pieces? That's pretty steep compared to the Exo-Force, Racers and Creator lines.
    Last edited by STL; 28th August 2008 at 10:22 PM.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Agreed, the prices for some of the Agent sets do seem high. I was thinking of grabbing 8634 Mission 5: Turbocar Chase set but was turned away by the surprising asking RRP.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    New Legos!

That completes my Exo-Force collection, and as for classic lego, I've acquired every M:Tron, Explorien, Ice Planet and Space Police II set. Just need a few more sets from UFO, Blacktron I and II, Insectoids, Roboforce, Spyrius and Unitron to complete the entire classic lego collection (not including vintage stuff which I have no interest in.
    Awesome haul there Fungal. Practically all of my M-Tron, Ice Planet, Space Police, UFO, Blacktron I & II, Exploriens, Spyrius and Unitron I scored from my brother who's eight years younger than me and grew out of toys like most normal people do in their adolescence. Vintage is much more nostalgic and represents by far the jewels of my collection although the Unitron Monorail Support Base is pretty special to me. Just wish I had some room to build it.

Oh! Another question I have is why do the Agents sets seem so pricey.
    I think Lego themes are priced according to relative (or perceived) demand.
    Tell me which sets you're interested in STL and I'll see if my contact can do trade prices for us on these.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Exo-Force Completed

That completes my Exo-Force collection, and as for classic lego, I've acquired every M:Tron, Explorien, Ice Planet and Space Police II set. Just need a few more sets from UFO, Blacktron I and II, Insectoids, Roboforce, Spyrius and Unitron to complete the entire classic lego collection (not including vintage stuff which I have no interest in.
    Congrat! You have an impressive collection.

Cool

Got this on Wednesday and its the funnest Lego Truck I've ever constructed:

First. Meet the cast:

Agents: Charge, Chase, Trace & Fuse

Villians: Saw-Fist, Spy-Clops, Gold Tooth & Dr Inferno

At first I thought it was pricey but the finished product took me about 5 hours to build. I like to take my time and savour the moment . With the length of construction meant the truck was a LOT bigger than I thought.

To pronounce the size of this truck here it is next to MP04:

It's the same height and MP04 just beats it's length by a centimeter. Here it is open with all the fun goodies inside in base mode:

The truck cab is great. Lovely curves and sturdy. The roof is on a hinge to get your minifigs into one of two seats. Also the grille on the front folds down to reveal four non-launching missiles.

The curved front of the trailer folds out into a launching bay for the jet (with folding tail and wings) with two seats and computers for the take-off (The heli-jetpack is from the small set but looked cool with it). The Roof of the truck opens via hinges and features 2 radar dishes and 4 missiles. The Jetski gets stored in a sliding dock at the back of the truck, the Buggy and Speedboat is stored on the underside of the trailer. The quad-bike is stored inside the trailer and is hoisted on and off by the rotating crane. There are small cabinets, drawers and compartments for plenty (about 20) tools and weapons and two laptops (new?). The projector works a treat and has a nice retro sepia tone with grain when projected. There's a small prison for captured baddies with a breakeable escape wall at the back of the truck which I made a little diorama of below:

Please note the snow-mobile is not part of this set, just looked good together.

I noticed that Target had 8636: Agents Deep Sea Quest set. I guess they will have the exclusive on that one?

Also found the new Creators and Mars Mission sets. Was so tempted to get them all but my wallet was screaming at me to be merciful:

Will be acquiring the 7644 next and eventually 7646 and 7649 (will TRU have exclusive on 7649?) to complete my personal Mars Mission favorites.
    Last edited by Stompy; 29th August 2008 at 11:02 AM.

Okay, so I now cannot walk down the Lego aisle of stores now, thanks stompy.

That Truck set is one of the cooler ones I have seen in a long time!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

The giant castle chess set I preordered from Lego.com has finally arrived this morning!

Stompy, I hate you haha. I mentioned that I wasn't terribly interested in the Agents line but now after seeing that awesome rig I want it bad!

Next paycheck I guess.

Looks like I need to head out this weekend and get me the entire Agents line and the new Mars Missions......
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Anyone in Sydney found the new Mars Missions or Agents sets? I went to 4 different suburbs looking for them today and didn't find squat. Might have to wait until next week now since I'm flat out busy for the rest of the week.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky