Page 33 of 141 FirstFirst ... 132328293031323334353637384353 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Photography - From Transformers to Non-Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I only got a Sony DSC -H70. It was on sale and I needed an affordable camera before I went to Phils for my holidays. I was gonna get the H90 but my cousin said that I shouldn't invest to much since it's a Sony cam, if it was either Canon or Nikon, which I thought made sense
    Ah cool - I thought you bought a DSLR.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Nice pic VP! It looks like the colour balance is pretty good. Did you get a remote shutter release to get that 13 sec exposure or set the timer?
    Thanks mate.

I used aperture priority and set it at f/16 with the ISO set at 100 - the camera will adjust the shutter speed based upon the available light and film speed (and yes, I used a tripod with a 2 sec timer to reduce camera shake)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Wow, that almost makes the toy look good!
    Yes, very true - it's such a crap toy, but it displays (and photographs) very well.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    First few attempts- amazing what changing to ISO 100 did for me:

[IMG]--SNIP--[/IMG]
    Nice pics for a first attempt!

What camera/lens are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post

Nice pics for a first attempt!

What camera/lens are you using?
    Thanks. I'm using a cheap one: Canon A3100 IS. Has a 6.2-24.8mm /2.7-5.6

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    [IMG]--SNIP--[/IMG]

NO ONE MESSES WITH YOTSUBAAAAA!

Love that toy!
    Nice pic Tets!

I'm starting to love this 'Yotsuba' toy/character as well (after seeing Deceptic_Optics and your pics).

May have to pick one up myself since she seems to be very poseable and photographs very well (even though I have no idea who she is or where she's from, but the toy looks cute)

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Thanks. I'm using a cheap one: Canon A3100 IS. Has a 6.2-24.8mm /2.7-5.6
    Ah cool - the pics came out quite nicely even with a compact, keep practicing and get that money shot.

MP Grimlock photographs very well - I previously had no interest in him, but I may have to pick one up just so I can shoot it.

I'm pleased to see people enjoying the lower ISO, and I can really see the difference in colour saturation. This thread rocks. Keep up the good work. I need to bust out my camera again today I think.

I used aperture priority and set it at f/16 with the ISO set at 100 - the camera will adjust the shutter speed based upon the available light and film speed (and yes, I used a tripod with a 2 sec timer to reduce camera shake)
    This is not really the thread for it but I have a VR (vibration reduction) lens so would I still be getting camera shake in my pics? Is it better to use the timer?

I use a tripod and timer in all my shots now, makes things a million times easier and my shots showed immediate improvement - for what it's worth.

I also use a tripod but I figured the VR lens would pick up the remaining camera shake

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I also use a tripod but I figured the VR lens would pick up the remaining camera shake
    The vibration reduction (or image stabiliser) cuts down shake but there's no harm in using the timer - I even go as far as configuring the camera to fire off a burst of 5 shots and then pick out the best pic (since sometimes there are slight variations in lighting/shadows).

Nice pic Tets!

I'm starting to love this 'Yotsuba' toy/character as well (after seeing Deceptic_Optics and your pics).

May have to pick one up myself since she seems to be very poseable and photographs very well (even though I have no idea who she is or where she's from, but the toy looks cute)
    Yotsuba is from some manga and the story is she is naive and everything is new to her.I think. I just got it becuase This picture and then This one made me laugh sooo hard!

As for the timer, I often use it. Even if it's just for a 2 second delay, it minimizes the chances of the small camera shake that naturally happens from pressing the button.