1 4.35%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

3 13.04%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - POTP Predaking

Default Toy Review - POTP Predaking

(Post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to get the ball rolling)

PREDACONS
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Power of the Primes
    Size/class - Titan (5 Voyagers + 1 Prime Master)
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - N/A
    Released here - Yes (time frame TBC)
    Approximate Retail Price - $275
    Approximate Size - 45cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Sub-Group - Predacon
    Alt-modes - 3 robotic predator animals, 2 robotic prey animals and 1 head
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Come to form Predaking!
    Main Colours - Black, purple, grey
    Main Accessories - guns, cannons

Divebomb

Headstrong

Rampage

Razorclaw

Tantrum

Onyx Prime

Predaking

Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 28th July 2018 at 12:59 PM.

Impressive. I don't get why people are miffed about the combined mode thighs hanging off the back of the leg bots, they're not too obtrusive.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Impressive. I don't get why people are miffed about the combined mode thighs hanging off the back of the leg bots, they're not too obtrusive.
    Human nature. We become accustomed to a certain standard and forget how lucky we are.

The fact is these are poseable Predacons with legs that separate & yet they still combine... but we've become accustomed to less kibble nowadays.

I'm super impressed with this offering & can't wait for my set!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

That thing is massive!!!! Now have it fighting Sky Lynx Gok
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Predaking with stickers applied

Predaking's thighs are a bit obtrusive on Tantrum's and Headstrong's robot mode, but people also need to remember that Predaking is the same size as CW Devastator using only 5 Voyager size Transformers. Devastator is made up of 6. Basically the toy needs to do something to make up the additional bulk and size being literally one man shorter than the Constructicons. Because the alternative would be a smaller Predaking and people would still complain.

Aaahh, fans.

I can’t say I’m too impressed with how the individual Predators look, though they stay pretty true to their original incarnations I guess. Predaking looks pretty good.

I look forward to picking this lot up to have a play

The individual bots are soo hollow and cheap looking. Combined mode looks ok. Will wait till its half price and shelfwarming.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Predaking with stickers applied

~snip~

Predaking's thighs are a bit obtrusive on Tantrum's and Headstrong's robot mode, but people also need to remember that Predaking is the same size as CW Devastator using only 5 Voyager size Transformers. Devastator is made up of 6. Basically the toy needs to do something to make up the additional bulk and size being literally one man shorter than the Constructicons. Because the alternative would be a smaller Predaking and people would still complain.

Aaahh, fans.
    Firstly, I thought Hasbro was all about pre-applied stickers these days. So I'm actually surprised that they are customer applied.

As for the thighs. While I appreciate the attempt to minimise kibble by putting them on backs of Tantrum and Headstrong, ultimately I feel it only hurts the individual robot modes. If I were designing the set I would have actually rather gone with kibble over putting it on their backs. After all it wouldn't be the only kibble in the set.

Really disliked this set to start with, but after some photos/video, I've actually warmed to it a bit. Still not a fan of the thighs, nor the alt modes. Razorclaw is the individual figure highlight with Divebomb and Rampage bot modes looking pretty good. Predaking does look awesome though.
    Am I going to get it? Nah, not at that price. ($275 is $55 per (flawed) voyager fig).
    Fingers crossed for 2nd market or sales price...
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Like Devastator, there are compromises. The beast modes aren't great and the thigh backpacks are pretty awful, but on the whole I think these guys look great and I haven't regretted the purchase.