Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Transformers GT - Japan Super GT and Transformers Collaboration

The listings on Japanese toy stores state diecast so at the very least probably the same amount as the original Alternity release.

hmmmmm.. i was told by my friend that the alternity series is not die cast - really do not know as i am a MISB collector

P.S. pre-ordered them

They contain diecast in varying amounts (mostly for support structures), but their shells aren't diecast like Binaltech

I would add, the use of die cast in the Alternity Convoy mould makes it feel nice and weighty in alt mode, but actually hinders the robot mode since all the die cast ends up around the head or sticking out the back, which makes it a challenge to get into a decent pose. Taking out all the die cast would make it a better figure.

I will call these Binaltech 2.0

If they do come with die-cast, the price seems about right. If not, I don't see how they can justify the price being double that of MP Sideswipe which is also an officially licensed vehicle and of the same scale.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Another prototype image. Either those are a small kid's hands, or the toy has been upscaled.

And some full-colour images, including the girls (which are noted as being 9cm tall).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And some full-colour images, including the girls (which are noted as being 9cm tall).
    It's only a matter of time before the girls are taller than the robots, are of superior plastic, better articulation, comes more accessories (+interchangeable heads, hands, haircuts, clothes, jewellery, fashion accessories), have better paint aps & sculpted detailing -- all that to go with a Micron-sized robot purchase which commands double the current price Wait.. what are we collecting again?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Another prototype image. Either those are a small kid's hands, or the toy has been upscaled.

Interesting, those race queens would be roughly 1/18 in scale, about the size of a Star Wars or G.I.Joe figure. Also roughly double the scale of the 1/32 Alternity series.

Pre-orders have re-opened on Amiami.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

pre-ordered them via my own source... so exciting... i wonder it will compliment the KISS binaltechs that i recently acquired...

question: is it only 2 variants to this Super GT?