Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie SPOILER discussion (anything goes)

Exclamation Movie SPOILER discussion (anything goes)

NOTE - this topic can be for any unrestrained discussion or speculation of the TF4 movie, like anything that has not been made official or public in a Trailer or Press release.

For example, toys at Toyfair (and the leaked Hasbro Database) giving us names, alt-modes and some possible plot spoilers (with the Kreo sets).

If you have something to speculate or guess about the movie, or something you noticed that you want to talk about openly, then this is your topic.
    You have been properly warned... so no crying about it later.

And yes - there will be plot spoilers here, so if you are wanting to talk about something minor to do with the movie (like the characters), but don't want to find out what may or may not happen in the movie, don't read other people's posts that don't quote your thoughts.

Looking over the toy fair pics, any first impressions of the characters?

Hound - an odd looking (organic) bearded face to this bot... chewing on a bullet in the character art.
    His arms look like springy extender arms.

Drift looks very organic too, and is looking like he might be based a lot like the original Drift. (which could annoy fans who have spent the last few years trying to forget that he even existed )

The reason for the pterodactyl having two heads doesn't appear to be explained anywhere at the Toyfair... so maybe it's an important plot element in the movie?

Not a lot of Decepticons (toys or leaked names from the movie) so far.... so maybe all those Kreon Vehicons (9 in just 7 build sets) are a hint at them being the main opposing "cannon fodder" force in TF4?

From the toys, we have 5 Dinobot, 5 Autobots, but only 3 Decepticons. Even if the Dinobots aren't initially on the side of the Autobots in the Movie, there is still a very unbalanced robot cast... suggesting perhaps, a greater "evil" threat by the Humans?
    But if that were true, I would have thought we'd get more toys of humans, like in the Kreo sets.

Toys that look to confirm cast characters...
    5 Autobots - Optimus (in two forms), Bumblebee (in two forms), Hound, Crosshairs (green, car), Drift (blue, car)
    5 Dinobots - Grimlock (T-Rex), Strafe (2 head pterodactyl), Slug (purple triceratops), Scorn (red spinosaur), Slash (blue raptor).
    3 Decepticons - Galvatron (grey truck), Lockdown (black car), Stinger (red car)

There's a green ankylosaur in the Kreo sets, so there could be another one... or it could just be an extra that isn't in the movie (as there are five Construct-Bot Dinos that don't have any other toys).
    Last edited by griffin; 18th February 2014 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

From the toys, we have 5 Dinobot, 5 Autobots, but only 3 Decepticons.
    From my understanding Ratchet and Leadfoots alt-modes have been seen on set. And Cyclonus has been confirmed (sorta) as a Decepticon who will make an appearance. Gotta remember that Dino never really saw a toy for besides a tiny one that got released ages after the flick yet was in TF3 so just because they don't have a toy yet doesn't mean they are not in the movie.

I have a few images (with possible spoilers), from the trailer I want to post. Is that allowed? And main reason of this post. I know how to use most forum options, but I'm unsure how to resize large images in the post. So people can click them and they become bigger / take you to a new link. I know we're using 3.8.5. So we probably don't support RESIZE bb code tag? Do we run any plugins that allow for such a thing? Just figured I'd check before I post an image around 2500x2500 etc.

There's an article on Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...poilers/29459/) with a description of the full trailer, which, providing it is accurate, would seem to spoil the bulk of the plot points. I don't remember the trailers of the other Bay films being quite so spoiler-y. I'm hoping the description is merely fan invention/speculation, otherwise, there's not likely to be many surprises left in the movie.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I just noticed a (potential) spoiler in the description of one of the characters in a Hasbro press release.

SPOILER ALERT

(Highlight text to see post)

Here's what they say for Grimlock Chomp and Stomp.

GRIMLOCK has different lights and sounds depending on whether he’s riding into battle with an AUTOBOT or a DECEPTICON. Figure comes with a non-converting Optimus Prime robot figure. Requires two AAA batteries (demo batteries included).

Now it could just be a toy action feature they've added in the design, that is completely independent of the movie plot. But I'm going to be really ticked off if Grimlock becomes the new Sentinel Prime Judas. That's not true to his character.
    I saw that in a post about the toy the other day. I think it means there could be something in the movie like the cartoon episode "War of the Dinobots" where dimmer Dinobots get tricked (or forced) into working for the Decepticons. But that's just a guess.

Grimlock also defected and worked with Megatron in the Dreamwave comics. And he's rebellious in most continuities, so it's not exactly "not true to his character" for him to be on the opposite side of things to Prime some times.

It could also be a way to justify the huge price tag on a toy by making it work with all figures.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    There's an article on Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...poilers/29459/) with a description of the full trailer, which, providing it is accurate, would seem to spoil the bulk of the plot points. I don't remember the trailers of the other Bay films being quite so spoiler-y. I'm hoping the description is merely fan invention/speculation, otherwise, there's not likely to be many surprises left in the movie.
    I read it before, but didn't post it due to sounding a but dodgy. The writing is pretty bad and looks very amateurish. And what makes me wonder is why they talk about "SLAG, SLUDGE, AND SNARL". A) I thought Slag couldn't be used, and B) I thought Sludge and Snarl were going to be some other form of dinosaurs and called something else? Unless I'm wrong about that bit of course.

I think the press release gave a bigger spoiler than the Grimlock toy... which just sounds like a toy gimmick to me.
    The Drift character is stated as (yet another) Autobot who was once a Decepticon... so could be a plot device in the movie, or maybe he's a double agent still working for the Decepticons.

For the first three movies, we basically had toys known of just about all the main robot characters from the preceding US Toyfair. And considering there are 8 or 9 different toy lines (regular and gimmick) this time, if there are more Decepticons in the 4th movie, I wonder if that means we aren't getting any (or many) toys for them. If so, it seems that each successive movie, we are getting more and more of the robot cast that are not being made as toys.

Mere movie merchandise I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    I have a few images (with possible spoilers), from the trailer I want to post. Is that allowed? And main reason of this post. I know how to use most forum options, but I'm unsure how to resize large images in the post. So people can click them and they become bigger / take you to a new link. I know we're using 3.8.5. So we probably don't support RESIZE bb code tag? Do we run any plugins that allow for such a thing? Just figured I'd check before I post an image around 2500x2500 etc.
    This is where you can post anything you want without fear of it being a spoiler... and then if it is news worthy or official, one of the staff can redirect it to a new or existing topic if it is deemed necessary.

The Drift character is stated as (yet another) Autobot who was once a Decepticon... so could be a plot device in the movie, or maybe he's a double agent still working for the Decepticons.
    He's a former Decepticon in IDW also and he is not a double agent. He's no Dealer/Doubledealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    I read it before, but didn't post it due to sounding a but dodgy. The writing is pretty bad and looks very amateurish. And what makes me wonder is why they talk about "SLAG, SLUDGE, AND SNARL". A) I thought Slag couldn't be used, and B) I thought Sludge and Snarl were going to be some other form of dinosaurs and called something else? Unless I'm wrong about that bit of course.
    Fans (or people familiar with the original Dinobots) who are yet to memorise the new names will probably refer to the new Dinobots by the names that they would have gotten, if there wasn't legal or Bay preferences involved.
    Some of the global fansites even used the Gen1 names before the new toy names were verified.
    Slug was being called Slag (name and form were similar)
    Slash was being called Sludge (name was similar)
    and Scorn was being called Snarl (form was similar being a spiny back dinosaur)

This is where you can post anything you want without fear of it being a spoiler... and then if it is news worthy or official, one of the staff can redirect it to a new or existing topic if it is deemed necessary.
    Was more referring to image size, as they will take up a lot of space. I was wondering if we had something like (Replacing [ with { etc for this post).

{IMG width ="50%"}URL{/IMG} or {RESIZE=500}{IMG}url{/IMG}{/RESIZE} Sorry for being off topic, I just don't want to flood the thread with giant images, as I know some people can get quite annoyed at it. But it would allow them to right click it etc and open it in a new window to see the true size.

Fans (or people familiar with the original Dinobots) who are yet to memorise the new names will probably refer to the new Dinobots by the names that they would have gotten, if there wasn't legal or Bay preferences involved.
    Some of the global fansites even used the Gen1 names before the new toy names were verified.
    Slug was being called Slag (name and form were similar)
    Slash was being called Sludge (name was similar)
    and Scorn was being called Snarl (form was similar being a spiny back dinosaur)
    Back on topic. Are there any actual legal issues or bay preferences at the moment for the dinobots? As in are there actual things in place at the moment to physically replace the names, but keep the existing character? As I thought we might of had some entirely new dinobots which I thought was kind of odd.