Sunny (sunstreaker)
    (s)kid(s)
    Cosmo(s)
    Omar (omega supreme)

Girls
    (Gr)Apple
    Piper (Pipes)
    Sky (Sky Linx)

With the other girl names can be used from other human characters, but that would be too easy

Ariel is actually primarily a boy's name. I know of an Ariel IRL who's a guy, but I've never met a girl called Ariel. And also there's the former Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon. Ariel is a Hebrew name meaning, "Lion of God" <---so that's at least two masculine nouns contained in that meaning. I don't know about Sari, because... well... it's a type of dress!. It's kinda like calling your kid Skirt, Kilt, or Evening Gown.

Caroline (Carly) and Mikaela would work (although the latter is more properly spelt as "Michaela"; variant of Michael, being Hebrew for "Who is like God?"). Caroline/Carolyn is a feminine variant of Charles, meaning "free man." Other names which I would recommend for girls would be:
    * Carla. Another short form for Caroline. Carla was the name of Ethan Zachary's secretary as seen in "Pretender to the Throne."
    * Miko. It can be a Slovakian variant of the name Michael. The name can also be of Japanese origin, whose meaning would vary depending on the Kanji in which it's written in, but one version could mean "beautiful child" (美子)
    * Joan ("The Lord is merciful"). The archaeologist who discovered the Nemesis' Star Drive in "Microbots," and whose work drew the Decepticons' attention to search for the Heart of Cybertron.
    * Alana (Hawaiin: fair, beautiful). The Tlalakan girl that Seaspray falls in love with in "Sea Change."
    * Astoria ("hawk?" "like a hawk?"). The girl who loved Powerglide.
    * Rachel. Rachel Becker; paleontology student who found Dinobot tracks in Portland, Oregon.
    * Josephine (Josie). Josie Beller, a.k.a. Circuit Breaker.
    * Charlene. There have been several characters called Charlene in Transformers:
    • Charlene Welles, the reporter who interviewed GB Blackrock and Josie Beller about their new super oil rig (which attracted Shockwave's attention)
    • the girlfriend to the crime boss Jake Lomax
    • the girl who loved Skids.
    • Charlene Barnett, wife of agent Walter Barnett

* Kari. Norwegian short form for Katherine. Kari was the female Nebulan scientist who was the assistant to Hi-Q (Powermaster Optimus Prime's human component).
    * Elizabeth (Lisa). Lisa was one of the human resistance fighters, who were trained by Rodimus Prime and his Autobots to wage guerrilla warfare in Decepticon occupied New York in an alternate universe.
    * Lyra; Greek meaning lyre (the musical instrument). Llyra is the daughter of Lord Zarak, Scorponok's human component. Note that the Nebulan name has an additional L which doesn't exist in the Terran name.
    * Marita (Nordic variant of Maria). Girlfriend of Gort (High Brow's Nebulan partner).
    * Maria. An officer in Spike Witwicky's Skywatch unit.
    * Cecilia. Cecilia Santiago was an ally of the Autobot Race Car Patrol.
    * Robin. Robin Lindley was one of the "spacehiker" children who were captured by the Autobots (under King Grimlock's reign) but later rescued by Sky Lynx.
    * Ethel. Ethel Stankiewicz is an actress with the screen name "Carissa Carr" who befriended the Decepticon Pretender, Skullgrin.
    * Jessica (Jessie). Buster Witwicky's girlfriend.
    * Alexis. Alexis Thi Dang, the girl from Transformers Armada. Known as "Alexa" in Micron Legend.
    * Miranda. Miranda Jones, mother of Kicker Jones.
    * Sarah (Sally). Sally Jones, Kicker's sister.
    * Misha. Russian version of Michaela. Misha Miramond, a female character from TF Energon. Known as Mika in Super Link.
    * Laura (Lori); laurel. Lori is one of the Autobots' human allies in Transformers Cybertron.
    * Lucille (Lucy); French female form of Lucius, meaning "light." Lucy Suzuki is a human scientist from Transformers Cybertron.
    * There have also been a few humans in Transformers called Judith (Judy) "praised."
    • Judy Acton, mother of Leah and Noah whose family attracted the attention of the Decepticon Battlechargers in "Decepticon Graffiti.
    • Judy, a geologist who, along with her colleagues Corinne and Cindy Newell, were rescued by Ultra Magnus
    • Judy Witwicky; mother of Samuel James Witwicky in the live action films. Once attacked by a transforming Waffle Iron.

* Leah; "cow." See above.
    * Anya; "graceful." Human astronaut ('Battle of the Star Gate'); killed by Starscream and Dirge.
    * Serena ("serene"). Daughter of Dr. Sanjay Bharwaney, a scientist in IDW's G1 series, currently appearing in Robots In Disguise. Serena also befriended Bumblebee.
    * Swati. Indian name referring to the orange giant star Arcturus (and forms part of the Boötes constellation). Dr. Bharwaney's housekeeper who takes care of Serena (as his wife was killed during the events of All Hail Megatron).
    * Verity (Old French = "truth"). Human female who stole a palm computer that the Battlechargers were hunting, throwing her into the Transformers' war. She was also the only human member of the Wreckers and joined them on their tragic mission to Garrus-9. Ultra Magnus' Holo-matter avatar is modelled after her.
    * Bonnie (Scottish: "pretty"). Bonnie Carlson was a KSUN TV reporter as seen in "The Return of Optimus Prime, Part 1." She reported on the spread of the Hate Plague on Earth.
    * Carolee. Another short form for Caroline. Girlfriend of General Clayton M. Abernathy (aka "General Hawk") in DD's "Transformers vs GI Joe."
    * Casey (Gaelic: "vigilant"). She was among a group of skiers who saw Ratchet in "Repeat Performance."
    * Melanie (Greek, "blackness"). Another skier who saw Ratchet in his ambulance mode.
    * Susanna (Sue; "lotus"). Yeah, another skier.
    * Rita. Short for either Rachael or Margaret. Rita is Charlie's girlfriend; the couple accidentally stumbled upon the Decepticons' Space Bridge.
    * Corinne (Greek, "maiden"). Geologist who was rescued by Ultra Magnus.
    * Cynthia (Cindy; Greek referring to the moon goddess Artemis). Cindy Newell was yet another geologist saved by Ultra Magnus.
    * Susanna (Susan). Susan Hoffman is an archaeologist who stumbled across Megatron's clone.
    * Joy. Joy Meadows, the girl who Sludge loved.
    * Daina (Latvian). Daina (aka "Oktober Guard One") was a fighter pilot in the USSR's Oktober Guard, and was shot down to have her jet fighter stolen by Lord Chumley.
    * Courtney (Norman French, "Pug Nose"). Courtney A. Krieger, a.k.a. Cover Girl, former fashion model who joined G.I. Joe. Appeared in DD's and DW's GI Joe/TF crossovers.
    * Allison (French, "Little Alice"). Corporal Allison Hart-Burnett, a.k.a. Lady Jaye. Member of G.I. Joe, eventual wife of Dashiell R. Faireborn (Flint) and mother of Marissa Faireborn of Earth Defence Command.
    * Marissa (Latin, "of the sea"). Marissa Faireborn, Earth Defence Command officer, daughter of G.I. Joe's Flint and Lady Jaye.
    * Yueming (Chinese, don't know what it means). Su Yueming, butt-kicking owner of KSI's Vehicon factory in China (Age of Extinction).
    * Teresa/Theresa (Tessa, Greek: "to harvest"). Tessa Yaeger, Cade's daughter from Age of Extinction.
    * Luisa. Romantic female version of Louis ("famous warrior"). Peruvian teenage girl from "Fire on the Mountain."
    * Juanita (Spanish; "the Lord is gracious"). The name of Luisa's unseen convertible whom she wanted to introduce Bumblebee to. Awkward.
    * Amabel (Latin, "amiable"). Mabel's husband was mistaken by Brawn to be an enslaver of machines (The Enemy Within).
    * Margaret. Scientist who worked with Ethan Zachary.
    * Michelle (feminine form of Michael). Michelle was Victor Drath's girlfriend who helped restore Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Springer and Arcee as Autobots after Old SnakeCobra Commander had turned them into humans.
    * Carol. Another shortening for Caroline. Carol Danvers, a.k.a. Ms. Marvel, was involved in The New Avengers vs The Transformers.
    * Nimue. Meaning unknown, but does originate from Arthurian legend and is one of the names for the Lady of the Lake. Princess Nimue was the daughter of Sir Aetheling the Red ("A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court").
    * Susanna (Sue). Sue Richards, your auntie from the first person adventure game book "Peril from the Stars."
    * Doris (Greek, "gift"). Doris Roland, one of the Witwicky's neighbours.
    * Sandra. Attended Naval College with Spike Witwicky and assigned to his Skywatch Unit.
    * Shoshana (Shana. Hebrew; "lily"). Shana O'Hara, a.k.a. Scarlett, is a member of G.I. Joe.
    * Belinda (Lindy, from Bella, Italian for "beautiful"). Lindy Simmons is a TV reporter for K-IDW, appearing in both Infiltration and Devastation.
    * Carmen. Carmen Vasquez is the wife of Ricky Vasquez, who was enslaved by Bombshell via an implanted Cerebro shell.
    * Maria. Maria Vasquez is Ricky and Carmen's daughter.
    * Katherine (Katrina, Greek; "peak"). Katrina Vesotsky is a superhuman who is able to render other beings vulnerable by placing them in a trance. It even worked on Unicron... for a bit (before the feedback nearly fried her brain ).
    * Ai (愛). Meaning "love" in Japanese, Kuruma Ai is the human partner of Binaltech Asterisk Red Alert. She is also modelled after the Autobot's A.I. holo-matter avatar, also known as Ai (or T-A.I. in the English dub).
    * Junko (淳子, 純子). Meaning "pure child." Shiragami Junko is the human partner of BTA Sunstreaker, and also the name of the unlucky girl in Car Robot.
    * Kelly (Irish Gaelic). Junko's name in the RiD dub of Car Robot.
    * June. June Darby, Jack's mum from TF Prime.
    * Sierra. Jack Darby's friend-zoning classmate.
    * Penelope. Penny Sutton PhD, aka Professor Princess from TF Animated.
    * Samantha. Samantha Lomow, a.k.a. Slo-Mo. Another human villain from Animated.
    * Sidney. Sidney Biggles-Jones, ex-Cobra scientist who was instrumental in designing the rail gun for Megatron's G2 body.
    * Alyssa. Village was saved from an eruption by the Autobot Headmasters.
    * Kiko (Japanese, meaning varies depending on Kanji, e.g. 希子 "child of hope"). Onishi Kiko is the wife of Dr. Onishi and mother of Onishi Kouji in Car Robot.
    * Patricia (Patty, Latin; "noble"). Minakaze Patty is Minakaze Jean's older sister. Whereas Jean is Star Sabre's adopted son, Patty was adopted by Victory Leo. Which I guess makes them biological siblings but also cousins by law? Weird.
    * Belinda (Linda). Linda Chang is a commander in the resistance movement against the Decepticons in ReGeneration One. She is also Spike Witwicky's wife.
    * Margaret (Maggie). Maggie Madsen was the systems analyst who detected Frenzy hacking into Air Force One. She's also Australian.

...aaand, that's all I can think of for now. I know there's a lot that I've missed, including all of KISS Players ('cept Marissa) and Animorphs (except for Rachel, but that was coincidental, I'm not lion ).

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    (Seriously in my son Marcus' school photo his name is the odd one out) you could call you second child Wheeljack and no one would bat an eyelid.
    I currently have two students in the same grade named Marcus. I also taught one of them in Year 7 last year, and he was quite chuffed when we were going through a story in Latin featuring a Roman character named Marcus, and especially the sentence, "marcus mille optimus est" ("Marcus is a great soldier").

I feel that the human character names are a copout, so I'm only suggesting names of actual Transformers.

Joe
    Alan
    Chase
    Blaze
    Che
    Dion
    Flash
    Dai Atlas
    King Atlas
    Boss
    Minerva
    Skyjack
    Boomer
    Booster
    Charlie Chopper.

And it's best that no one should name their daughters Longrack, Hot Zone, High Score and Joyride.

For girl- angela, tessa, minerva, arcee, melissa/marissa
    For boy - maximus, magnus, megatron, chase, prime, raiden, ginrai

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    super congratulations on expecting your second btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    Firstly, I just wanted to say congratulations to you both!
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Congrats Trev, that's pretty exciting!
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    Hey mate congratulations on your second one

Cheers guys, thank you for your well wishes . Hoping for a girl this time but wont find out till the 20 week mark

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I feel that the human character names are a copout, so I'm only suggesting names of actual Transformers.
    Yeah, kinda what I was after with the thread. But will list all human and TF names in the first post (when I get around to it - so many suggestions! )

And it's best that no one should name their daughters Joyride.
    LOL!!!

Okay, potential names for kids based on actual TF names (some of these have been mentioned by Sky Shadow)...

* Alan
    * Andrew
    * First and middle name initials forming BB
    * Charles
    * Chase; would also compliment "Orion" well, as apparently the name Chase originates from Chasseur ("hunter"). Also, hunt & chase.
    * Clifford ---> Cliff. Cliff is the Japanese name for G1 Cliffjumper.
    * Cloud, reference to Cloudburst, Cloudraker, Doubleclouder. Although the name does kinda sound 'hippie,' or may make people think that you're a massive FFVII fan.
    * Dashiell ---> Dash
    * Dino. Italian/Spanish version of Dean. I knew a kid in primary school called Dino.
    * Dion. I had a classmate in high school called Dion (pronounced "Dee-on").
    * First and middle initials forming DJ
    * First name = Guy, middle name = Hawk
    * First name = Sky, Middle name = Garry
    * Indiana ---> Indy
    * John/Jacqueline ---> Jack/Jackie; also a reference to Wheeljack
    * Jet (e.g. Jet Li).
    * Joe
    * Shuuta; it's a regular boy's name in Japanese, but also reference to Go-Shooter.
    * Kirk
    * Leon or Leo, reference to Leo Prime, Victory Leo, Leobreaker, Leozack (you could even have Zachary as a middle name).
    * Magnus, or Magna for a girl (reference to Magnaboss, Magna Stampede)
    * Maximus
    * Raymond ---> Ray. Reference to Manta Ray
    * Rodney
    * Victor (or Victoria for a girl), reference to Victory Leo and Victory Sabre.

As for why I would recommend "normalising" or "humanising" some names (e.g. Victor or Victoria instead of "Victory") is because, unfortunately, some kids can be cruel, and having "weird" names can attract bullies. So for instance, with "Maximus" (or "Maxima" if it's a girl), you might consider putting down just "Max" or "Maxie" as the child's preferred name on the enrollment form so that it's the name that will appear on the class roll etc., but you can still have "Maximus" or "Maxima" on legal documents like birth certificate, passport etc. My daughter's name can be a reference to Yukikaze, but it's only ever just "Yuki," because "Yukikaze" isn't actually an accepted first name... plus most English speakers would mispronounce 'kaze' as "kah-zee" instead of "kah-zeh" which would drive me nuts. Or worse, make 'kaze' rhyme with 'maze.'

Skyjack
    This could work as a first and middle name combo.

And it's best that no one should name their daughters Longrack, Hot Zone, High Score and Joyride.
    Windbreaker should also be avoided. Lugnut's still acceptable, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    For boy - maximus, magnus, megatron, chase, prime, raiden, ginrai
    Maximus and Magnus can be modified as girls' names as Maxima and Magna respectively. And isn't Chase a unisex name? (not sure )

I've never heard of Ginrai being used as a given name before. But if you choose either Raiden or Ginrai, be aware of the following:
    • * in both cases, "rai" is pronounced like the English word "Rye," not not like the English word "Ray"

• * The "G" in "Ginrai" is the same as in the English word "giraffe," and not like in the English word "get." It may be easier to spell it as "Jinrai" to alleviate confusion

But another thing to consider when going for less conventional names is also how relatively easy it's going to be for most people to pronounce it. When we were trying to come up with our daughter's name, we wanted to make it trilingually compatible and relatively easy for most Australians to pronounce. Because I'm sure we've all come across kids with lovely exotic names which aren't easy for the average English speaker to correctly pronounce, so all we can do is approximate it and the child just learns to live a commonly approximated pronunciation of his/her name rather than having most people being able to pronounce it correctly. I've spent my whole life having a LOT of people mispronounce my mundane name (despite being of Anglo-Celtic origin), so I know what it's like to have a stupid name that most people can't pronounce correctly (hence why I've just been going by my screen name IRL since I was a uni student ). So I would personally advise against Raiden or Ginrai, simply because I think most people would end up mispronouncing it as "Ray-dehn" or "Ghin-Rye" or "Ghin-Ray."

Rosanna.