Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toys R Us Australia Exclusive Items Info Thread

This is a good heads up for those who wasn't able to get Star Saber on pre order price...knowing now that it will be about 300aud price by TRU. At least those who wants it can decide either to grab it now at around 250aud (ebay) or wait by October for TRU and well get the english intructions and bios (hopefully a bonus coin again)

There are a few points that have stuck with me re: SunStreak

Pack size. TakaraTomy's MP Exhaust for example has a shipping carton quantity of 6 units per box. SunStreak is listed in the TRU computer as 3 units per box -the same as Hasbro's Prowl.

Has there been an announcement of another direct MP18 run in order for TRU to import? I'm under the impression that they're no longer producing the Prowl/Streak/Smokescreen mold

I'm inclined to believe that this may be the Hasbro Bluestreak.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I believe is a naming error, nothing more. Anyone having hopes that is a new mp18 you may be really disappointed.

I'm thinking that something has been really messed up with that listing... as the US MP Bluestreak is due out this year, and if previous years are anything to go by, it will be July for the SDCC first, but then if this was meant to be the US "Streak", why would we get it in May and why would TRU Australia include the Japanese classification for it.
    But no matter when the US version comes out, TRU Australia and Hasbro Australia wouldn't be importing the Japanese version within a couple months of it, to then compete with it.... and I haven't heard anything about a reissue of JP Streak this year either.

The price is an issue as well for me, even though it could be justified by the massive drop of the AU$ value in 6 months. The Hasbro and JP import Autobot Cars have been $100, which doesn't help figure out which version of (Blue)Streak this is. It's only because of the "units per carton" figure quoted by Sinnertwin, that makes it most likely the Hasbro version, which should be MP-06 if it comes out before Starscream.

Perhaps someone can email Hasbro for confirmation on which version it is that is coming in May here, as I've kinda used up my favours for a while after all those questions at Toyfair.

An update to the info in this news topic...

I asked Hasbro about Starsaber's date and Sunstreak, and they've replied to say...

Starsaber - the October date must be an error in their system, as Hasbro are not intending to sit on this stock for 6 months now that it is in the country.

"Sunstreak" - was meant to be the Hasbro Bluestreak... but somehow ToysRUS got the name, the MP number, AND the date wrong.
    (although, to be fair... a release date of May 16th is close enough of an estimated release date to the "next couple of weeks" estimate from Hasbro)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    It may also be an erroneous entry of the MP Bluestreak that was announced at BotCon '14 and which we saw the images of at ToyFair this year.
    Definitely interesting
    It is certainly something for you to keep an eye on (when convenient of course ), as TRU have been pretty reliable in the past when their info has clashed with Hasbro info.
    If it wasn't for your news posting, I'd never have questioned the details.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    "Sunstreak" - was meant to be the Hasbro Bluestreak... but somehow ToysRUS got the name, the MP number, AND the date wrong.
    They also got the price wrong, irrespective of the dip in the Aussie dollar. $130. It'll shelf warm.

I think $130 is correct, as the AU$ has lost about 30% in the last 6 months, which we have to expect a 30% increase in prices eventually... and this could be the first of the price rises.

Now that Stinger is out, here are some comparison images I took while at the store...

Inside the bubble is English instructions, with the Japanese instructions (it is good that Hasbro took my advice to leave them in there for the uber-completists).
    Not sure how they got them in there though as the bubble is glued down on three sides (like regular gluing), and the fourth side that has just sticky-tape is not on a side that could slip the instructions into the base of the bubble... inside the bag that held the Japanese instructions).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Not sure how they got them in there though as the bubble is glued down on three sides (like regular gluing), and the fourth side that has just sticky-tape is not on a side that could slip the instructions into the base of the bubble... inside the bag that held the Japanese instructions).
    Might have been something done at the factory prior to being sealed up?