Thread: ROTF Leader Nightmare Megatron

Default ROTF Leader Nightmare Megatron

Hey everyone,

I've been looking at the above titled figure, and although i think it looks incredibly cool, has anyone had any experience of the quality of the figure and also difficulty to transform. I just think for the price tag of about $185 it isn't cheap, so wanting to do some research first

thanks

The base mould isn't very hard to transform at all - if you like complex transformations you'll be disappointed, but the upside is that both modes are solid. It's very intricately sculpted, so it's an interesting piece to look at.

In terms of screen-accuracy, it's actually based on early concept art that Josh Nizzi did for RotF - HasTak must have picked it up in order to have a Megatron on shelves when the movie was released. The final CGI model had different arms, but it's otherwise fairly accurate.

Articulation is somewhat limited. Since it's all one big cannon, the right arm only has shoulder articulation - forwards/backwards and in/out. The left arm has a good range of motion in the shoulder, and the elbow and one large finger move. The torso is one solid block, due to the electronics and MechAlive gimmick, and the head hardly moves side to side (partly due to the shoulders and partly due to said gimmick). Fortunately, the legs have a fair amount of motion in them, and the 'feet' are big enough that you can stably put Megatron in deep poses.

Given the prices this mould is going for - and has sold for - on eBay, $185 for a brand new one with an interesting new paint job and a limited release actually seems almost reasonable.

not bragging but I picked mine up for clearance at Big W when it was around. It is a very nice deco and the sculpting is excellent but personally the transformation is unmotivating. I would have been disappointed with it at full leader price.

It's been a while since I had this guy out but I recall the transformation being on the level of a simpler generations deluxe at best. it is pretty sturdy but as already mentioned, not particularly poseable.

If you're really after that deco though, I guess it's one of those figures that came out at the end of a line, didn't get great distribution and is now harder to come by. probably not going to drop in value at any time.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

When searching for the 2015 Nightmare Megatron on ebay, also search for the 2012 Dark Energon Megatron, which tfwiki says is the same, but the official images looks like there might have been some minor colour changes (nothing too significant).
    I'm not sure if the 2012 version is easier to find or cheaper, but I'm just noting it in case it is and you are okay with either version.