Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share your scars - the transformers injury thread.

Default Share your scars - the transformers injury thread.

Transformers, at their core are children's toys.
    Toys that need to stand up to safety standards. But even so, sometimes accidents happen and people get hurt.
    It's a pretty stupid topic idea but I thought why not have a thread where we can swap "war stories" and share how we have injured ourselves with our Transformers

Earlier tonight I was fiddling with AOE deluxe Darkskde Soundwave (takara) and when transforming it back into robot mode, while trying to unpeg the legs from the rear of the car, the tail light piece would not budge. So I applied a bit more force. Nothing. So I tried wedging my fingernail in between the prices. Big mistake
    I bent my nail back so far that it started to bleed. And still feels sore several hiurs later.
    On the plus side I got the piece to move. That, kind of makes up for the pain.

Sliced my finger open the first time I tried to transform masterpiece megatron.
    Bastard.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Broke my toe when Hard Hero Grimlock fell from my display case onto my foot and then it decided to shatter into pieces

I injured my pride trying to transform MP5 Megatron way back. Couldn't do it as it felt like it was going to break

Idk if this counts, but I've cut my hands open on more than one occasion while opening parcels containing transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Broke my toe when Hard Hero Grimlock fell from my display case onto my foot and then it decided to shatter into pieces
    Double ouch.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Gotta brush up on your football skills!
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Hm... I fell off a stool reaching up to my top shelf when i was shorter to get my Energon Galvatron down. A few bruises aren't bad though

Nearly shot my eyes out when I first stared at Optimal Optimus' pretty green chest light, as the switch that activates it also fires the missiles! While I didn't admit to it at the time, I did allude to this hazard in my review of this toy which I wrote back in 1998...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Again, be careful not to pull the switch all the way back. In this mode, the missiles are also pointing in the same direction as the eyes, so if you're looking at the blinking eyes with missiles loaded, there's a risk that the missiles may launch into your face. The missiles are blunt and too long to present a choking hazard, but still - having the missiles launch into your eyes would not be the most pleasant of experiences.

I melted my G1 Megatron attempting to dry him off using the wife's hairdryer. Does that count?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I melted my G1 Megatron attempting to dry him off using the wife's hairdryer. Does that count?
    Mental scarring
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)